Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #11
evilbunny

evilbunny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxalot
An ENUM lookup can easily be achieved by the OP by setting up the SPA3K's dialplan to create the dialstring using 92176000 as an example
|<9:6129>xxxxxxxS0| and then manipulating that string in the VoXaLot dial plan with ${EXTEN:3}. This will do an ENUM and in the event of failure will present the number to the OP's VSP correctly.
Better option is this:

|<:612>xxxxxxxxS0|

Since almost any 8 digit number can be from in the same area code.

|<0:61>[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|

Only other possibilities are non-geographic/non-mobile phone services

|<:61>1[38]00xxxxxxS0|
|<:61>1[38]xxxxS0|

Other non-geographical numbers are expensive calls not likely to be accessable via enum ever (1900 etc)
evilbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #12
Mallycat

Mallycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
If you either: A) "Register" your VoIP adapter with Voxalot, or better yet B) "Forward" your Voxalot account to some SIP URI that will "ring" your adapter, than "yes".
I have 2 ultimate goals
1) to be able to let others call me from another city using the local PSTN numbers available
2) to use the VoXaLot ENUM system to allow other voip users to get a free call.

And I am making progress , but now need some specific help relating to Engin.

I have been able to register my ATA with VoXaLot and call my ATA using one of the local PSTN numbers.

Now I know that Engin doesn't allow me to forward SIP calls to it, because they specifically block this. I don't know how to go about forwarding an Engin call to my VoXaLot number. Can someone tell me if this is possible? If so, my problem is solved. If it is not possible, I assume I will need to dump Engin and go for another VSP.

Hope someone can help.

Matt
Mallycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Mallycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
Inbound directly to an SPA-3000 ( http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index....%20or%20Sipura ) do work if you get everything right, but they can be a PITA to do!
I have followed these setup procedures and am quite sure I have done everything correct. I have tested my no-ip.info DNS by pinging it, and I get a response.

I then went to VoXaLot and tested my username@mydns.no-ip.info and it said that it isn't working.

I then tried using my actual IP address instead of the dns but still no luck.

I then thought of my router, and hence set up my ATA in a DMZ so that it definitely was exposed - no bananas here either.

If I have my ATA set up in a DMZ, does it get it's own IP address? I kinda think it should because a DMZ basically bypasses the router. not sure though.

I'm keen to get this working and can sense I am getting close

Matt
Unread 04-15-2006, 02:05 AM   #14
Mallycat

I have gone to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to test if I can see 5060, and it says that this port can't be seen. I have tried everything I can think of to make it visible, but can't get it exposed. I have port forwarded, dmz but nothing. I have switched off all other firewalls on my PC to try to get it exposed but nothing. Any Ideas?
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:27 AM   #15
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallycat
I have gone to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to test if I can see 5060, and it says that this port can't be seen. I have tried everything I can think of to make it visible, but can't get it exposed. I have port forwarded, dmz but nothing. I have switched off all other firewalls on my PC to try to get it exposed but nothing. Any Ideas?
The test results you're getting from this site may be misleading. I have no problems receiving calls directly into any of ports on the three PAP2's I currently have online, yet this site reports:

Error: I could not see your service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (5060)
Reason: Connection refused

SIP uses UDP to transport packets, so I assume most SIP devices refuse TCP connections.

What router and what firmware are you using in it? UDP port forwarding through NAT is not supported correctly in a lot of routers.

A full description of your configuration would be helpful (what ATA are you using, what port forwarding entries do you have set, etc.).

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:20 AM   #16
Mallycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
A full description of your configuration would be helpful (what ATA are you using, what port forwarding entries do you have set, etc.).
OK,

I have a SPA-3000 with firmware 3.1.10 Gwd. It is set up with a Static IP address that is working fine.

I am using a Linksys WRT54G wireless router with the latest firmware 4.20.7

This connects to Cable Internet via Optusnet via a Motorola SB5100 modem

My router is set up to port forward 5060 - 5061, and 16384 - 16482. Both port forward settings are linked to the static IP of the ATA.

I use Engin VoIPer as my VSP, which is the main reason I am trying to get IP dialling setup.

Matt
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #17
Mallycat

2 settings from the instructions that I am not clear about

STUN Server: stun.fwdnet.net:3478
Is it OK for me to just make this entry and expect it to work? I don't have any accounts or anthing like that - don't even know what it is!

NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 45
NOTE: Use an value SHORTER than the "timeout" value in your router.
I can't find any time out value in my router.

Could these things be causing IP dialling not to work?

Matt
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #18
Ron

It sure sounds like you have everything configured properly. I don't have any experience using stock Linksys firmware, but I would certainly hope it does the right thing with only a single ATA in the mix. I also have a WRT54G, but I'm using HyperWRT + tofu 13c firmware in it. I've also used DDWRT v23 firmware with good results. The reason I asked is because I've had terrible luck with DLink and Belkin routers in my environment.

Having said all the above, I decided to try forwarding my VoXaLot number to one of my PAP2's using Call Forward. Guess what? It doesn't work. I then tried to forward to my Vbuzzer account. This used to work, but no longer does. VoXaLot appears to be totally ignoring my forwarding requests.

I'm also getting empty voicemails on abandoned calls, even though they only rang once or twice.

I'm afraid some things may have gotten broken in the last couple of days of changes to voicemail and MWI.

Let me get back to you after I've had a chance to consult with Martin. We're 17 hours apart, so it may take a little while.

Ron
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:52 AM   #19
Ron

Any STUN server should be OK, including FWD's.

I've stayed with the default (45 seconds) NAT keep alive interval and it has been good for me.

Ron
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:22 AM   #20
Mallycat

Wow! Progress

I just got it to work, but not using VoXaLot. Ron when I saw your note about VoXaLot possibly being broken, I decided to set up a SIP Broker Alias instead. I did this and it works I assume that VoXaLot will be back on line for call forwarding soon. In the meantime, this is one happy camper. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Matt