Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
rchalk

rchalk is on a distinguished road
Default can't register on US server. EU and AU work OK

I posted previously that I couldn't get my PAP2T to register on Voxalot. I tried it with XLite softfone, and it works sometimes, while other times I get error 401 forbidden.

I then tried on the EU and AU servers, and everything worked OK, so I tried the PAP2T, and it also registers on these two, but not on US.

I even tried my Asterisk PBX, with the same results. Is there something wrong with the US server, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

Richard
rchalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

us.voxalot.com is ok.
but proxy01.us1.voxalot.com is down.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

rchalk

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Is the Voxalot account in question a new account?

I too cannot register a new Voxalot Account (opened for my cousin) on us.voxalot.com, but it registers just find on eu.voxalot.com and au.voxalot.com.

My personal Voxalot account which i s many years old registers just fine on us.voxalot.com.

Thanks

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
balazer

balazer is on a distinguished road

Same here: in Sipdroid, I can't register with us.voxalot.com; eu and au work. But strangely, using Phonerlite on my desktop, I can connect to us.voxalot.com

I think that us.voxalot.com is resolving to proxy02.us1.voxalot.com on my phone. proxy02 appears to be down - I can't connect to it from my phone or my desktop. proxy01.us1.voxalot.com works on my phone and my desktop

I don't know if this is a DNS caching problem, or what. I can't find any tools for Android to tell me what the system resolver is doing.
balazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
rchalk

rchalk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by balazer View Post
Same here: in Sipdroid, I can't register with us.voxalot.com; eu and au work. But strangely, using Phonerlite on my desktop, I can connect to us.voxalot.com

I think that us.voxalot.com is resolving to proxy02.us1.voxalot.com on my phone. proxy02 appears to be down - I can't connect to it from my phone or my desktop. proxy01.us1.voxalot.com works on my phone and my desktop

I don't know if this is a DNS caching problem, or what. I can't find any tools for Android to tell me what the system resolver is doing.
I am still not able to get this to work right. If I use proxy01.us1.voxalot.com it works OK, but if I just use us.voxalot.com it will not register. eu and au also work, but ping times are much longer of course.
rchalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Yep, latency is unacceptable long, with serious echo.
but that' the way to go.
This proxy problem has been a while. sounds no fix at all. Most of recent post were talking about this.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

Okay, when I use proxy01.us1.voxalot.com on the new account I created for my cousin, it works!!! Great.

Odd thing is that my personal Voxalot account works on the same ATA when registered with us.voxalot.com, just not the new account.

I'm assuming using proxy01.us1.voxalot.com is a good workaround as just as effective as if I got us.voxalot.com working.

Thanks for you help

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Milzon

Milzon is on a distinguished road

Quando voce tenta se conectar via us.voxalot.com e isso não é possivel, dependendo do seu ATA ou softphone, ele automaticamente tenta em eu.voxalot.com ou au.voxalot.com. Parece que contas novas não estão funcionando no us.voxalot.com.

Outro problema é com a alteração no dial-plan que não é atualizado em us.voxalot.com.

No ata pap2, as opções "Use DNS SRV: yes" e "DNS SRV Auto Prefix: yes"
permitem a busca automatica por outros proxyes (eu e au) quando o us não funciona.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you try to connect via us.voxalot.com and this is not possible, depending on your ATA or softphone, it automatically tries in eu.voxalot.com or au.voxalot.com. It seems that new accounts are not working in us.voxalot.com.

Another problem is the change in dial-plan that is not updated in us.voxalot.com.

In pap2 ata, then "Use DNS SRV: yes" and "DNS SRV Auto Prefix: yes"
allow searches automatic by another proxy (eu or au) when the us does not work.
Milzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
Milzon

Milzon is on a distinguished road

Acabei de conferir a dica do rchalk e o richard.
us.voxalot.com vai para proxy02.us1.voxalot.com, que esta desatualizado, não funciona contas novas e tambem não funciona atualizações em contas antigas. Usem no lugar do us.voxalot.com o proxy01.us1.voxalot.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I just give the tip of the rchalk and richard.
us.voxalot.com goes proxy02.us1.voxalot.com that this outdated, not working new accounts and not work also updates in old account. Use in place of the us.voxalot.com proxy01.us1.voxalot.com.
Milzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Root cause has been identified. Please see:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post28204

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote