Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-16-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
chaachoo

chaachoo is on a distinguished road
Default Cant Make and Recieve Calls through Voxalot

Hi,

I am using Voxalot to get registered with multiple providers. From 10th of July I could not make any calls through Betamax providers and now worse I changed my dialplans to use another provider from my list and everything stopped working.

I cant make and recieve calls at all through Voxalot, It says "Failed" however, if I register directly to provider everything works fine. This is an urgent matter and need to look ASAP.

Regards,
chaachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachoo View Post
Hi,

I am using Voxalot to get registered with multiple providers. From 10th of July I could not make any calls through Betamax providers and now worse I changed my dialplans to use another provider from my list and everything stopped working.

I cant make and recieve calls at all through Voxalot, It says "Failed" however, if I register directly to provider everything works fine. This is an urgent matter and need to look ASAP.

Regards,

From what you describe, it seems as if you have a Free VoXalot acct., but are setting SIP Register to Yes (this is a premium feature)

Simply turn off SIP Register for your BetaMax provider...

Also remember that BetaMax requires you to dial with 00-CountryCode-Number, hence set your dial plan appropriately....

Another provider may not want you to use the same sort of dial plan...

Also, please make sure you have disabled ENum lookup when setting up these dial plan rules....

Can you reach *600 properly?

Try the following:
1. Set Up your ATA/SoftPhone with VoXalot properly (Hardware Configuration Settings - Voxalot FAQ)
2. Make sure you can make and receive calls (Can you call *600, Can you receive Calls via SipBroker?) http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post13585
3. Set up the provider properly within VoXalot (Configuring Provider Settings - Voxalot FAQ )
4. Set up your Dial Plans properly ( Configuring Smart Call (Dial Plan) Settings - Voxalot FAQ )
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
chaachoo

Hi Emoci,

Thanks for your reply. I think I should make it bit clear.

I can register my device with voxalot.
I can make calls to *500 and *600 numbers.
I have a Premium Account with voxalot.
Have 5 providers including mynetfone and betamax's services.
All providers are set to register and the status is "registered" with active.
(have also tried betamax without registration, but doesn't work)
I have enough balance in all the accounts to make calls.
Till 10th of July, everything was fine and working. Suddenly Betamax service stopped working, I was getting busy tone when I dialed a number.
I changed the provider to another betamax service. Same happened with that
I tried voipcheap's softphone and was able to make calls. Tried voipbuster softphone and it worked as well.
Tried voxalot through XTEN softphone (instead of ATA) the results was same as ATA (however, I was able to call through mynetfone account)
I changed dialplan in voxalot to used mynetfone for my calls and it stopped working. start to get the same busy tone. while all of the providers status was "registered"
I tried XTEN with mynetfone . and it worked fine for outgoing and incomming (DID) calls
I tried XTEN with voxalot, it get registered, after dialing numbers it said "503 declined" with busy tone.

Now I have changed my ATA to used voipcheap directly and it is working. However, I need to use other providers as well and my DID.

Please look into the matter at your earliest.

Cheers
Voxalot: 406699
Unread 07-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Hi Emoci,

Thanks for your reply. I think I should make it bit clear.

I can register my device with voxalot.
I can make calls to *500 and *600 numbers.
I have a Premium Account with voxalot.
Have 5 providers including mynetfone and betamax's services.
All providers are set to register and the status is "registered" with active.
(have also tried betamax without registration, but doesn't work)
I have enough balance in all the accounts to make calls.
Till 10th of July, everything was fine and working. Suddenly Betamax service stopped working, I was getting busy tone when I dialed a number.
I changed the provider to another betamax service. Same happened with that
I tried voipcheap's softphone and was able to make calls. Tried voipbuster softphone and it worked as well.
Tried voxalot through XTEN softphone (instead of ATA) the results was same as ATA (however, I was able to call through mynetfone account)
I changed dialplan in voxalot to used mynetfone for my calls and it stopped working. start to get the same busy tone. while all of the providers status was "registered"
I tried XTEN with mynetfone . and it worked fine for outgoing and incomming (DID) calls
I tried XTEN with voxalot, it get registered, after dialing numbers it said "503 declined" with busy tone.

Now I have changed my ATA to used voipcheap directly and it is working. However, I need to use other providers as well and my DID.

Please look into the matter at your earliest.

Cheers
Voxalot: 406699
Are you using the eu or us server....

You do not need to have BetaMax registered (SIP Register set to Yes) for them to work...or at least I can confirm that InternetCalls.com (one of the BetaMax clones) does not require registration to work and is currently working fine...

What you're describing is definitely odd...

One thing, any chance that you have lately changed anything on your ATA with respect to Caller ID (eg. blocking outbound caller id) or anything different with the DialPlan string on your ATA...

BTW, what ATA are you using...?
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:52 AM   #5
chaachoo

Thanks emoci,

I am using au server.
I have tried both, registration and without registering to Betamax. It does not work either way. And now I cant make any calls through any of my providers using voxalot.

I did not changed anything anywhere. The setting is same as before on ATA and voxalot.

For me it seems that there is something wrong with voxalot or atleast my account with voxalot because I am able to make calls if I connect my ATA directly to providers. I believe someone at voxalot needs to look into it.
Unread 07-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Turandot

Turandot is on a distinguished road

I noticed Betamax's call logs were not accessable since 16th then it's ok today, may be they are doing some upgrade at their side.

I'd suggest remove all the providers and start from scratch (with one voxalot account only if you have multiple accounts, Intervoip only works with single voxalot account I just found out). Good luck!
Turandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #7
Connect2Talk

Connect2Talk is on a distinguished road
Default Problem fixed: Change to eu server

We have had a couple of our clients call to advise us that they were unable to get beyond the busy signal when attempting to make calls through voipdiscount/voipbuster via voxalot.
It appears that, upon changing the server setting to eu.voxalot.com, all is now operating normally. This has been, according to some of our clients, a problem persisting for 2 to 3 weeks.

I hope that the above is of some assistance.

RLT
Connect2Talk Systems

Quote:
Hi,

Regards,
Connect2Talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
chaachoo

Today I tried using eu server but came up with the same result. In XTEN it displays "503 Declined".
When I changed it back to au server it started to give me error "Forbidden".

Well, this is not the service I expect from voxalot. Even, I cant get a phone to contact customer support. Voxalot should be dealing with problems professionally. Or, should tell us that they cant resolve the issues and we'll find something else.
Unread 07-19-2008, 06:04 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Today I tried using eu server but came up with the same result. In XTEN it displays "503 Declined".
When I changed it back to au server it started to give me error "Forbidden".

Well, this is not the service I expect from voxalot. Even, I cant get a phone to contact customer support. Voxalot should be dealing with problems professionally. Or, should tell us that they cant resolve the issues and we'll find something else.
Just to confirm, you are using the following details correct:
User: Your 6 digit VoXalot Number
Server: xx.voxalot.com (where xx = us or eu or au) and where this matches the cluster selected under you account.
Password: Your VoXalot Password
Unread 07-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You might want to try a more specific registration set-up:

SIP-Server : us.voxalot.com
Outbound Proxy : 64.34.173.199
SIP User ID : xxxxxx (Voxalot 6-digit User ID)
Authenticate ID : Same as SIP user ID (required by some devices)
Authenticate Password : Your VoXaLot Account Password

Try also to reach your account from a SIP-Broker access number to verify that the incoming calls are working.

Hope this helps ...
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote