Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
yaman

yaman is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot dial plan

if i have an account from voxalot on my UA which is a linksys/sipura and i wish to call and receive calls from & to any of the 200 providers that are peering with sip broker:

1- will the sipbroker dial plan work or need to be modified

2- is there a way to add my existing plan to the sipbroker plan to avoid pressing # at the end of every dial

3- can a client of voxalot receive calls from the listed sipbroker PSTN access numbers? if yes what does the caller has to dial to reach my voxalot number

your answers if highly appreciated

thanks
yaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

> 1- will the sipbroker dial plan work or need to be modified

Depends on your needs. The SIP Broker dial plan allows for anonymous ENUM / SIP-Code dialling. With VoXaLot you either have your ATA registered with VoXaLot or set-up VoXaLot as a gateway. See:

http://www.voxalot.com/action/static?itemOID=8

> 2- is there a way to add my existing plan to the sipbroker plan to avoid
> pressing # at the end of every dial

The # at the end of every dial from my experience is needed by the pap2 or spa2000

> 3- can a client of voxalot receive calls from the listed sipbroker PSTN
> access numbers? if yes what does the caller has to dial to reach my voxalot > number

*010 <voxalot number>

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
krisch

krisch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaman
2- is there a way to add my existing plan to the sipbroker plan to avoid pressing # at the end of every dial
Hi,
Whilst you are are dialing, the Sipura ATA waits a certain amount of time between to digits, before taking into account what you have dialed. The reason for this is allowing your finger finding he next dial button. This time can be set by appropriate configuration of the dial plan, e.g. S1 at the beginning shortens the interdigit timeout to 1 second. Pressing the hash "#" key tells the ATA that it shall proceed immediately, and that it shall send the already dialed sequence. Pressing the hash key at the end of you dial sequence boils down to reducing the time for establishing the call. If you accept a certain increase of the waiting time, you can omit the # key.
Cheers, krisch
krisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisch
Hi,
Whilst you are are dialing, the Sipura ATA waits a certain amount of time between to digits, before taking into account what you have dialed. The reason for this is allowing your finger finding he next dial button. This time can be set by appropriate configuration of the dial plan, e.g. S1 at the beginning shortens the interdigit timeout to 1 second. Pressing the hash "#" key tells the ATA that it shall proceed immediately, and that it shall send the already dialed sequence. Pressing the hash key at the end of you dial sequence boils down to reducing the time for establishing the call. If you accept a certain increase of the waiting time, you can omit the # key.
Cheers, krisch

Hi Krisch,
Is that the way it should be with all ATAs or just with the SIPRURA ones?
Thanx
oH BTW could you just have a look at this please?http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=105
Thanx a lot!
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #5
yaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
> 1- will the sipbroker dial plan work or need to be modified

Depends on your needs. The SIP Broker dial plan allows for anonymous ENUM / SIP-Code dialling. With VoXaLot you either have your ATA registered with VoXaLot or set-up VoXaLot as a gateway. See:

http://www.voxalot.com/action/static?itemOID=8

> 2- is there a way to add my existing plan to the sipbroker plan to avoid
> pressing # at the end of every dial

The # at the end of every dial from my experience is needed by the pap2 or spa2000

> 3- can a client of voxalot receive calls from the listed sipbroker PSTN
> access numbers? if yes what does the caller has to dial to reach my voxalot > number

*010 <voxalot number>
thanks martin for the info, one more question, if i need to dial german, netherland toll free number as i know it can be reached from FWD, but if i need to dial them from voxalot, how can i do that??

thanks
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
yaman

Quote:
thanks martin for the info, one more question, if i need to dial german, netherland toll free number as i know it can be reached from FWD, but if i need to dial them from voxalot, how can i do that??

thanks
i was able to do that by dialing *393*1800xxxxxxxx, *393*44800xxxxxxx ect...

one more question, i can see a very long list of peering providers in sipbroker website but i wonder what shall a client with any of these providers DIAL to enable him reach my voxalot number.

thanks
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
i was able to do that by dialing *393*1800xxxxxxxx, *393*44800xxxxxxx ect...
You got it right.

Quote:
i wonder what shall a client with any of these providers DIAL to enable him reach my voxalot number.
thanks
If they use SIP Broker it is *010<voxalot number> or they can access you using a SIP URI:

sip:<voxalot number>@voxalot.com

Unread 04-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
yaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
You got it right.

If they use SIP Broker it is *010<voxalot number> or they can access you using a SIP URI:

sip:<voxalot number>@voxalot.com
i understand from you that to call all these providers is an easy task but a registered user with any of these 500 listed providers to call a sipbroker or voxalot number is only possible through a sip URI depending if the provider allows it or he has to register an account with sipbroker or voxalot.

kindly confirm

thanks
Unread 04-22-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
martin

That is correct. However some providers peer directly with SIP Broker. See number 2):

http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index.php?page=peering