Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default Ring back when free

Is it possible to set up a ring back when free system so that when I make a call to a busy number, I press something and get a call back when it is free. I think my PAP2 has this facility but it doesn't seem to work with voxalot unless I am doing something wrong. Anyone else managed to set this up? Perhaps this could be built into voxalot as a feature?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
chatalot

I just wanted to bump this thread as I really want to know if anyone has got this to work?

I have played with the callback settings in my PAP2 but I am wondering if this is a feature that voxalot also have to support?

This is what I have discovered so far

If the number I call is busy, I activate call back (*99 [configured in regional settings] in my case and then hang up) and my phone rings straight away even if the other phone is still busy. It only rings one ring, then stops and when the destination becomes free it doesn't ring back. It doesn't appear to be retrying the number. Retry intrval is set to 30sec in the PAP2.

If the number I call is not busy and I activate a callback to the last number I called in the same way as above, both phones ring at the same time and then if the destination answers first, they get 3 beeps every 10-20 secs until I answer the PAP2 phone. If I answer first, I get the ringing tone as though I dialed the number direct.

I hope someone can help to figure this out, if not maybe it could go on the request list as a voxalot service instead of the PAP2 if there is any interest?

Some information on Vonage about this Cheap Calls using VoIP with Vonage UK - Broadband Phone Provider where it looks like Vonage maybe letting the customers ATA do the work as they give several different methods for different ATA's

i know the PAP2 has the facility to do this but I am wondering if because the way voxalot works (sort of proxying our VSP) it doesn't function as it should? I am guessing that the ATA is calling me back straight away becasue it thinks voxalot have connected the call when they accept it and forward it to betamax?

Last edited by chatalot; 11-18-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

I am not 100% on this; but I believe(if you are talking about calls to the PSTN) that this would be a function of the VSP that you are using. This sort of function wouild have to be located in the switch doing the actual termination of the call.

If someone reads this and I am wrong than please correct.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
chatalot

I was coming to the same conclusion. Perhaps someone from Voxalot can confirm if this works with Voxalot or if it ever will?