Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
voip2007

voip2007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
VoiceMail is free, however, if it is not working by you just forwarding the numbers to VoXalot....and you need to register them within VoXalot instead, the registrations isn't free.

So:

1. DID number forwarded to 123456@us.voxalot.com (123456 replace with your account)
Voicemail set to Yes
You have to be able to forward from wherever you are managing the numbers.
This setup is free

But if it is not working then you'll have to try this:

2. Account with DID number added under providers on VoXalot and Sip Register set to yes. This makes VoXalot the equivalent of your Adaptor Box. So whenever the DID rings, VoXalot picks up the call.
This is not free ($15/year after July 16th)
Good news is, it is still free right now, so you have time to test.....at least, and see where the
problem is.

I guess providing more details on your setup will help:

1. At home, what is your Voip Adapter/SoftPhone registered with, VoXalot?
2. The DID numbers you mentioned, how are they connecting to voxalot right now?
1. I am using Linksys RT31P2 at home, my RT31P2 is registered with voxalot.
2. I am using DIDww's DID numbers , I map the DID number as SIP/123456assword@us.voxalot.com.

All the fonctions are good except the voice mail answer doesn't
work. I can receive phone call, my dial plans are working. The only problem is voice mail. I also can dial 500 to access the voice mail, but no new message.
I just set SIP register as yes in provider details. but the voice mail answer still doesn't work.

Last edited by voip2007; 07-12-2007 at 10:38 PM.
voip2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip2007 View Post
1. I am using Linksys RT31P2 at home, my RT31P2 is registered with voxalot.
2. I am using DIDww's DID numbers , I map the DID number as SIP/123456assword@us.voxalot.com.

All the fonctions are good except the voice mail recorder doesn't
work. I can receive phone call, my dial plans are working. The only problem is voice mail. I also can dial 500 to access the voice mail, but no new message.
I just set SIP register as yes in provider details. but the voice mail recorder still doesn't work
Sorry, one more thing, DIDww, does it have like an asterisk interface (with trunks, DIDs, extensions, ring groups etc...)

I have little experience with this but SIP/123456assword@us.voxalot.com looks like you are registering to your VoXalot account from DIDww...

Are you sure you don't just need this instead SIP/123456@us.voxalot.com

Also, by turning SIP register to yes, I meant in VoXalot.... (it also means you have to turn off whatever mapping you are doing on DIDww).
This means for each of the DIDs you have this info:

Username
Password
Sip Proxy
Port

Set up in VoXalot...

You also say, this was working for you before, right, it just stopped?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Voicemail is free and should work for all types of inbound calls.

There should be no need to register anything to get it to work.

By the sounds of things, there is a problem with the branching of the inbound call when sent to the voicemail server. I have seen in the past that some providers don't handle when the destination is switched (branched).

i.e. The ringing is coming from your ATA / device and after 20 secs the inbound call is branched to the voicemail server which answers the call.

Can you please try dialing one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers at the prompt dial *010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Voxalot number.

Then let the call goto voicemail and let us know what happens?

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
voip2007

Quote:
Sorry, one more thing, DIDww, does it have like an asterisk interface (with trunks, DIDs, extensions, ring groups etc...)

I have little experience with this but SIP/123456assword@us.voxalot.com looks like you are registering to your VoXalot account from DIDww...

Are you sure you don't just need this instead SIP/123456@us.voxalot.com

Also, by turning SIP register to yes, I meant in VoXalot.... (it also means you have to turn off whatever mapping you are doing on DIDww).
This means for each of the DIDs you have this info:

Username
Password
Sip Proxy
Port

Set up in VoXalot...

You also say, this was working for you before, right, it just stopped?
yes. Both of them were working perfectly. it just recently has problem. I don't understand what happened. Do I need pay the annual fee to get the voice mail?
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
yes. Both of them were working perfectly. it just recently has problem. I don't understand what happened. Do I need pay the annual fee to get the voice mail?
No you don't. Voicemail is free.

Unread 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
voip2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
No you don't. Voicemail is free.
But what happen it used to work, and now not.
Unread 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
martin

Quote:
But what happen it used to work, and now not.
That's what we are trying to determine in this thread. The Voxalot telephony engine has not changed in many months so there is nothing "new" that is causing what you are experiencing. Even after the 16th the telephony engine will be the same.

I have posted some steps and questions above that you need to address to help determine what the root cause is.

Unread 07-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #18
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Voicemail is free and should work for all types of inbound calls.

There should be no need to register anything to get it to work.

By the sounds of things, there is a problem with the branching of the inbound call when sent to the voicemail server. I have seen in the past that some providers don't handle when the destination is switched (branched).

i.e. The ringing is coming from your ATA / device and after 20 secs the inbound call is branched to the voicemail server which answers the call.

Can you please try dialing one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers at the prompt dial *010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Voxalot number.

Then let the call goto voicemail and let us know what happens?

Thanks

That's just it Martin:

1. Dialing VBuzzer DID----PAP2 Rings 20 sec----VoXalot Voicemail Answers

2. *Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *452VBuzzerID----PAP2 Rings 20 Sec----Busy Signal

3. Dialing SipBroker PSTN + Sipbroker Alias-----PAP2 Rings 20 sec----Busy Signal

4.Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *010VoXalot Account w Active Voicemail-----Voicemail answers

This one is a bit contradictory:

5. Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *010-Another VoXalot Account----Other VoXalot Account Forwards to *452VBuzzerID via SipBroker----PAP2 Rings for 20 sec----VoiceMail answers

(Compare this with the other scenario above, where I put a *, how is an intermediary VoXalot account solving the Problem).

All that said, I have been playing with the 2nd line of my PAP2, trying to get one more provider of VoXalot registrations, so I can round at 5, with 1 or 2 spaces for R&D....

I found for example that although Messagenet handles forwarding to VoXalot Voicemail well, OrbTalk, gives a busy signal....

But all that said, although I don't understand why it branches to VoiceMail in some cases, but not in others....it's not a brand new problem to me since I had VBuzzer registered in VoXalot and my PAP2 before.

The OP though, had everything working...., and all of a sudden it stops...that is a bit of an oddity, wouldn't you agree....?
Unread 07-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #19
voip2007

Quote:
That's what we are trying to determine in this thread. The Voxalot telephony engine has not changed in many months so there is nothing "new" that is causing what you are experiencing. Even after the 16th the telephony engine will be the same.

I have posted some steps and questions above that you need to address to help determine what the root cause is.
here is my voicemail configuration:
Voicemail active yes
Ringing duration (in seconds) 20
Voicemail Password 9999
Enable symmetric NAT handling (if unsure, set to "Yes") yes
Unread 07-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #20
emoci

Quote:
That's just it Martin:

1. Dialing VBuzzer DID----PAP2 Rings 20 sec----VoXalot Voicemail Answers

2. *Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *452VBuzzerID----PAP2 Rings 20 Sec----Busy Signal

3. Dialing SipBroker PSTN + Sipbroker Alias-----PAP2 Rings 20 sec----Busy Signal

4.Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *010VoXalot Account w Active Voicemail-----Voicemail answers

This one is a bit contradictory:

5. Dialing SipBroker PSTN + *010-Another VoXalot Account----Other VoXalot Account Forwards to *452VBuzzerID via SipBroker----PAP2 Rings for 20 sec----VoiceMail answers

(Compare this with the other scenario above, where I put a *, how is an intermediary VoXalot account solving the Problem).

All that said, I have been playing with the 2nd line of my PAP2, trying to get one more provider of VoXalot registrations, so I can round at 5, with 1 or 2 spaces for R&D....

I found for example that although Messagenet handles forwarding to VoXalot Voicemail well, OrbTalk, gives a busy signal....

But all that said, although I don't understand why it branches to VoiceMail in some cases, but not in others....it's a brand new problem to me since I had VBuzzer registered in VoXalot and my PAP2 at the same time before.

The OP though, had everything working...., and all of a sudden it stops...that is a bit of an oddity, wouldn't you agree....?
Anyways...since you are on the case I'll stop butting in.