Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #11
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

I work in IT, and have done for > 10 years, so I don't tend to say things are dead unless they're definitely not playing. Traceroute only confirms a route to the server - and would only be useful if connections were not terminating as intended.

Both ICMP and TCP were responsive - I could access 5060 via cmdline, but the system was failing registrations from my ATA. I'm now on us.voxalot.com (the only setting changed) and have not yet tried switching back as it's registered ok. I would presume someone could check the logs server side and see if there are any failed/attempted regs from my account (and/or IP - which will match this post).

Given I also disabled voip.co.uk for >= a day, I've just reenabled it to see if I can start making outgoing PSTN calls via it properly. If it still doesnt work, I'll try flipping back to eu and seeing what happens again.

Scratch that, voip.co.uk shows me registered (now on voxalot.com @ 64.34.163.35) but I still can't make calls. It's enabled, registered but isn't working.

Can someone in Voxalot please talk to voip.co.uk - this was working up until the other day (when voip.co.uk moved systems) and now it's not.

voip.co.uk claim they are fully SIP compliant, and no-one seems to want to talk to eachother. I'm the client, I can't do anything except reg/dereg my accounts. Nothing has changed on my ATA, and now it's not working. Voxalot claim the ports change during reg, voip.co.uk say Voxalot have a problem common to asterisk (and have posted a link) - is anyone else using voip.co.uk ok?

Last edited by ptruman; 12-09-2007 at 03:20 PM.
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #12
JeFFJuH

JeFFJuH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruman View Post
I work in IT, and have done for > 10 years, so I don't tend to say things are dead unless they're definitely not playing. Traceroute only confirms a route to the server - and would only be useful if connections were not terminating as intended.
I also work at a IT company, and I mostly use traceroute/ICMP for confirming a correct working connection between 2 nodes.

Most of the times when people say a server is 'dead' it's usually a client side problem. Mostly a misconfigured ATA or router/firewall not allowing SIP traffic. But to exclude a routing problem, I ask people to perform a traceroute so that we can see if it's the ISP/uplink provider causing any problems.

Maybe one of the other Voxalot guys can check out the logs for you.
JeFFJuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #13
ptruman

I've been asking for this, but no-one (on either side) seems to want to do anything.

All I get told is

a) Voip.co.uk seem to change their ports during registration so Voxalot doesnt show it's registered (all started being recorded at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14277)

b) Voxalot apparently have a known asterisk bug regarding SRV which voip.co.uk have pointed out (http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14600) - voip.co.uk keep pointing to the RFC and saying Voxalot have broken something

c) I've asked for call logging (http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...l-logging.html) so I can see if Voxalot is "seeing" what I dial, and where it routes it - that would at least show me if a call is going to Voxalot and being passed to Voip, or dying before it gets to Voxalot. voip.co.uk don't show any records of my even connecting to their answerphone...

FYI, as mentioned, I can ring "121" which is voip.co.uk's voicemail number. THAT at least connects, and asks me for my mailbox - however, any PSTN number I dial (which Voxalot should route to voip.co.uk) shows "Invalid/Reorder" on my ATA - which does show it routing via gw1 which is registered to Voxalot - whereupon it SHOULD go to voip.co.uk.

Given I've not changed any reg details, or dialplans, and this only broke when voip.co.uk 'upgraded' their platform - it points to something not chatting somewhere between Voxalot/VOIP - or one of them is now so strictly adhering to standards it's refusing to talk to the other...

I'm going to try something later with my (Voxalot) dialplan to see if something I suspect may help will fix it....if I didn't have PSTN as failover (which is now costing me money, obviously) I'd be rather (more) disgruntled!

Last edited by ptruman; 12-11-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 12-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

I will be looking a bit closer at your problem tomorrow.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
ptruman

I've solved this - although I don't see anything having been done by voip.co.uk or Voxalot on this.

FYI, and for anyone concerned, my dialplans on Voxalot converted any UK or INT dial string to COUNTRYCODE + NUMBER, i.e. within the UK, 01234 123456 was converted to 441234 123456

This worked prior to the voip.co.uk upgrade.

NOW, I have to change the dial plan to ring +441234 123456

See what I did there? The +
Thats all it was.

You'd have thought voip.co.uk might have noted they'd not been strict on this before, or tightened up, but hey, I'm working...
Unread 12-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #16
4martin

4martin is on a distinguished road

The European proxy has been OK for a couple of weeks but I've had problems registering on eu.voxaolot.com today. I've only managed a few minutes successful registration so I've fallen back to using us.voxalot.com. Anyone else having problems?
4martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #17
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4martin View Post
The European proxy has been OK for a couple of weeks but I've had problems registering on eu.voxaolot.com today. I've only managed a few minutes successful registration so I've fallen back to using us.voxalot.com. Anyone else having problems?
hallo 4martin ,
did you check echo test *600 or voice mail *500.
are you shure that your vsp is up and running.

incomming and outgoing calls here in vienna, austria using eu.voxalot.com are ok - no problems and voice quality is excelent.

my isp is chello.at, vsp sipcall.at for incomming calls and betamax clones for outgoing calls.

regards and happy holidays,
flavio
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #18
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road
Default eu.voxalot.com: outgoing calls O.K. incoming calls "request send"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4martin View Post
hallo 4martin!
now i have problems with eu.voxalot.com to!
outgoing calls are O.K.
vsp that I use for incoming calls show "request sent".
I can call but nobody can call me.

EDIT:
I changed the "sip register" switch to "no" - wait a minute, and than changed the "sip register" switch to "yes".
after 15 minutes vsp was in status "register" and i can receive incoming calls. I hope this was temporary outage caused by my vsp.

regards and happy holidays
flavio

Last edited by flaquadrat; 12-25-2007 at 07:56 AM.
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote