Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
tompoe

tompoe is on a distinguished road
Default login fail: noisy

Warning: 392 24.196.79.152:5060 "Noisy feedback tells: pid=17955 req_src_ip=209.234.77.198 req_src_port=5060 in_uri=sip:voxalot.com out_uri=sip:voxalot.com via_cnt==1"

Not sure what this means. Any help appreciated.
tompoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Nothing to worry about; it doesn't mean your line is noisy or anything like that It's just additional information in the SIP messaging.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
tompoe

Default login fail; noisy

Fozzie: Great to hear that. As to the login fail, do you think it's because I need to wait until tomorrow, to try, again? I registered just a couple hours ago. Otherwise, do you have any pointers to where I can find out how to pin down why my user number and password don't work?
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Registrations are realtime. Check out our tutorials section for instructions on setting it up.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
tompoe

Default login: fail

Hi, Martin: Well, I followed the instructions listed on the tutorial for filling in the info on X-Lite, and got as far as the step that says, congratulations, you can test by dialing 600. The problem is, my diagnostic log displays repeated attempts to login, and each one is failing due to authentication not acknowledged. If you could point me to a particular set of information, I'd sure appreciate any help.
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
tompoe

Default login fail: noisy issue resolved

Martin, Fozzie: Thanks much! I just brought up xlite, ignored the fail message, and dialed 600, got connected, watched as it appears the voice was talking, but I couldn't hear it. Will move along now, and see what needs to be adjusted for sound. Thanks, again, and I appreciate the prompt responses from both of you.
Unread 07-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #7
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

If you are using a STUN server with xlite, then that may be your problem. There is an issue with the 600 echo working in relation to the RTP and SER components... Martin knows more here.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2006, 03:56 AM   #8
tompoe

Default follow-up on STUN server

I haven't a clue as to what a STUN server is. Will certainly add to list of stuff to check out.

I barely get a computer on/off without a glitch now and then.

I have just started exploring the wide, wide world of VoIP. I stumbled across the Yate project, downloaded their softphone, and ran into configuration issues libstdn++ in softphone was older than what I have, and hard to find. Maybe not. But for me, it was.

I then went to e164, and found you folks. I downloaded what seemed like a compatible softphone, xlite. And, here I am. I'm now working with the test calls to tweak and lessen echo. I'm running FC5, and it doesn't like me trying to bring up volume control when xlite is open. So, it's a little klutzy.

As soon as I lock in (waiting on e164 call with pin number) enum , I'll work on finding someone to test call.