Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
talhezki

talhezki is on a distinguished road
Default Voicemail issues

Hello All,

I wanted to raise an issue regarding the voicemail.
for some strange reason, when i am not connected to the voxalot service, and ONLY then, when someone calls me he hears nothing for 25 seconds and then forwarded to the voicemail. Theoretically he should be forwarded to the voicemail right away.
i would like to add that if i AM connected, and rejects the incoming call the caller is being forwarded to voicemail with no problems.

again < when not connected caller hears nothing for 25 sec then voicemail>

*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults.

Can someone clear out those issues?

Thanks
talhezki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by talhezki View Post
Hello All,

I wanted to raise an issue regarding the voicemail.
for some strange reason, when i am not connected to the voxalot service, and ONLY then, when someone calls me he hears nothing for 25 seconds and then forwarded to the voicemail. Theoretically he should be forwarded to the voicemail right away.
i would like to add that if i AM connected, and rejects the incoming call the caller is being forwarded to voicemail with no problems.

again < when not connected caller hears nothing for 25 sec then voicemail>

*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults.

Can someone clear out those issues?

Thanks
In regards to
"*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults"

I know that all you need to record is the unavailbale message....in any case will play with my VM when I get a chance tonight, I am sure you can erase the greetings.....but can't tell you how of the top of my head right now...

As for the issue that VM is still delayed when you are disconnected, could you elaborate on what you are using to register with VoXalot and how are you testing the incoming calls a bit further......
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
talhezki

talhezki is on a distinguished road

Well surprisingly all is suddenly good, and VM kiks in right away, but anyhow is you want to trublshot what happened:
I am using nokias voip platform, or sometimes fring. i would like to add that EVERYTHING works perfectly good and voice quality is superb when using the nokia built-in voip app, fring is not that good (guess coz of the codec).
Anyways, when im registered (most of the day with the E65) all is working good, im receiving calls from several sources (mysipswitch- which is registered with few international numbers, tringme- for web and email calls, and fowarding from another voip service). Again- everything works well.
test call to myself using tringme works fine, but when I was not connected to voxalot the latter mentioned happens.
Also when someone called me on one of the international numbers (who are configured to forward to voxalot <<didww.com>> calls are received well, when not connected there was silence for 25 seconds and then the VM.
Thanks for your help
talhezki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
than30fyl

than30fyl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to than30fyl
Default Voicemail takes over all incomming calls.

Hello everybody,

This is my first post so first of all i'd like to thank for this great service!

I've recently created my voxalot account (basic) but i have the following issue with voicemail. Although i setup 90 seconds before voicemail takes over i get no incomming call to my softphone. Instead the voicemail just gets the incomming call and then i get the email notification of a new voicemail in my box.
If I disable the voicemail then incomming calls are routed to my softphone correctly.

Am i missing some setting? - help please.

best regards.
~thanasis

Last edited by than30fyl; 04-15-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: fixed spelling :)
than30fyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
than30fyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by than30fyl View Post
Hello everybody,

This is my first post so first of all i'd like to thank for this great service!

I've recently created my voxalot account (basic) but i have the following issue with voicemail. Although i setup 90 seconds before voicemail takes over i get no incomming call to my softphone. Instead the voicemail just gets the incomming call and then i get the email notification of a new voicemail in my box.
If I disable the voicemail then incomming calls are routed to my softphone correctly.

Am i missing some setting? - help please.

best regards.
~thanasis
I get This same strange behavior with all the softphones i have tested (X-Lite, SJPhone, Zoiper free). I am registering with eu.voxalot.com.

~thanasis
Unread 04-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
than30fyl

Default Voicemail takes over all incomming calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by than30fyl View Post
I get This same strange behavior with all the softphones i have tested (X-Lite, SJPhone, Zoiper free). I am registering with eu.voxalot.com.

~thanasis
The same if i register with ATA (fritz.box 7140)

Is there anything more i could test?

~thanasis
Unread 04-18-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

That behaviour seems quite out of the ordinary.

Are you behind a firewall?
Are you able to forward ports to your IP phone?
Can you try logging onto another Voxalot server (us or au) ?
Please make the servere entry on you member log-in page match the server you are logging onto.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote