Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
juan01

juan01 is on a distinguished road
Default No free calls with BETAMAX and Fring?

Hi everyone,

I have opened a Poivy SIP account last week, and did a test call first to see if I really could call a fixed line for free here in Spain, as they advertise with on their site. That was indeed the case. But when I topped up my account with 10 euros, I suddenly was deducted money, stating on my account page that I broke Poivy's Fair Use Policy. So I couldn't make free calls anymore.

I've read somewhere on the net that BETAMAX (owner of Poivy, VoIPBuster and a bunch of other Fring affiliated SIP providers) would enforce this FUP during a whole week, and after that week the restrictions would be disabled. Not the case here!

And then I've read the following on some forum today:

Quote:
It turns out that VoipDiscount is counting these free minutes per IP address instead of per account. I suspect that VoipBuster uses the PBXes IP address instead of the IP address of the caller.
Quote:
VoipDiscount / Betamax sees PBXes' IP address instead of your own. For now you could use voxalot for all your outgoing calls, and have PBXes route/forward your incoming calls to voxalot.
Source: Fair Use Policy Exceeded for VoipDiscount - PBXspace

So does this mean that I'm using Fring's PXB's IP address here? That would probably mean that I would NEVER be able to comply to BETAMAX's Fair Use Policy and as long as I keep calling with my mobile with Fring, I can not make use of the free calls to fixed lines offer!

I did a little test earlier on. I signed up on Voxalot, put my Poivy data in my webcaller (eyeBeam), and was calling for FREE to a fixed line here in Spain...

Then I entered my Voxalot data in my mobile with Fring, and called the fixed line again. I was charged! Checked again. Free on my computer. And then I tried doing it all over again (resetting my ADSL modem aswell, so to generate a different IP address), ang guess what? It won't even let me make an outgoing call anymore! So no free calls with Fring, not even with Voxalot in between!!!

If this is the case, can I do anything about this? Is this assumption correct, or am I talking nonsense here now? OR are these BETAMAX people just a bunch of thieves?

Last edited by juan01; 10-09-2008 at 10:40 AM.
juan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
juan01

juan01 is on a distinguished road
Default Test with Voxalot

I did a little test earlier on. I signed up on Voxalot, put my Poivy data in my webcaller (eyeBeam), and was calling for FREE to a fixed line here in Spain...

Then I entered my Voxalot data in my mobile with Fring, and called the fixed line again. I was charged! Checked again. Free on my computer. And then I tried doing it all over again (resetting my ADSL modem aswell, so to generate a different IP address), ang guess what? It won't even let me make an outgoing call anymore! So no free calls with Fring, not even with Voxalot in between!!!

Can Fring fix this problem perhaps? Or the Betamax people, like they did with Voxalot?
juan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
wfolly

wfolly is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. But I sign justvoip. When I call from my computer using a client sip, the calls are free. When I call from my iphone using fring from the same network, the calls are charged.
wfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The problem is that Fring uses their server to achieve registrations much like VoXalot...

So your IPhone registers with Fring and Fring with BetaMax...as a result the Fring server IP is passed to BetaMax for a bunch of people...hence the FUP

If you've got jailbroken IPhones..take a look at HowTo: Setup VoIP On Your iPhone - Voxalot FAQ
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
wfolly

Thks emoci... I´ll try and I´ll post what happens
Unread 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #6
ladude626

ladude626 is on a distinguished road

If your iPhone is Jailbroken, use Cydia to search for "SiPhon". It's much lighter and loads faster than Siax.
ladude626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
wfolly

TKS AGAIN!!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!