Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
ukguy

ukguy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Trying to get incoming calls to ring via Sipgate number.

Hi all.

I am brand new to the world of voip and have discovered the voxalot service which I really like the idea of (lots of providers coupled to one ATA). I have set up a couple of settings for the providers voipdiscount and sipgate, after setting voxalot on my PAP2 ATA.

Outbound National UK Calls are correctly getting routed via voipdiscount, after setting a basic dial plan. But I can not get incoming sipgate calls routed to me via voxalot (no ringing on the voip phone after ringing the geographical sipgate number from another line). I have tried to register the sipgate account a few times tonight and it still shows the below in the summary:

Description Username Host Active Status
sipgate.co.uk 660**** sipgate.co.uk Yes Not registered

Is the above the cause of the problem, and does anyone have any idea what I should do about it please?

Many thanks for your assistance!
ukguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hello and welcome to the service.

Until we release our new SIP registration functionality (a day or 2 away) provider registrations are on a 24 hr cycle.

http://forum.voxalot.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=138

If you have set SIP Register set to "yes" and wait until the next register window you should see your status change.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
ukguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Hello and welcome to the service.

Until we release our new SIP registration functionality (a day or 2 away) provider registrations are on a 24 hr cycle.
Hi Martin. Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the reply to my question. Hopefully the two services would have registered tomorrow morning then. Would a provider not being 'registered' disallow incoming calls ? I have set the SIP Register to yes in the settings, but under it says 'Allow up to 30mins to take effect', this is what got me confused. Maybe this is for the impending new reg' functionality you mentioned.
Unread 10-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #4

441516 is on a distinguished road

UK Guy, I have noticed that even thought it might state not registered, I could make calls in just a couple of hours or less but you have to wait to ring in for 24 hours but again I noticed it too less that 24 hours.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
ukguy

Smile

Thanks for the info'. My inbound calls are now coming in fine after this mornings register update. Fantastic. Now I need to look into the world of dial providers!
Unread 12-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
rossmurray

rossmurray is on a distinguished road

How did you get on with the Dial-in Providers? I'm also in the UK and am finding it hard to track down those that offer this service.
rossmurray is offline   Reply With Quote