Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Gandharva

Gandharva is on a distinguished road
Default Call forward, WebCallBack

Hi,

I'm new to Vox. I signed up to take advantage of not needing hardware, and my idea is to get my friend to sign up also so we can talk for free. My understanding is that we could each forward all incoming calls to our regular pstn home numbers and use SIP Broker to initiate calls between us. Does that sound right?

The problem is that I can't get the forwarding to work. I've tried various settings but I just either get a busy signal or sent to vox voice mail and my pstn phone never rings. (However, I also have a vbuzzer account and if I forward all vox calls to my vbuzzer URI and then call Vox via SIP Broker it works/rings.) To test I used vbuzzer (via my ATA) to call vox via SIP Broker.

I also cannot get WebCallBack to work. I try to initiate a call and sometimes it says it could not complete the call, and another time it says that my number was 'answered' (even though my phone never rang) and the destination number then never connects.

I wonder if I am using the wrong number format? I'm in Canada.

Help plz!
Gandharva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Forwarding and WebCallback are now paid features in VoXalot
Even if you upgraded, you will still need a provider to handle the call to your home number....

However if you wait a few days, there will be a guide in this thread Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info - RedFlagDeals.com Forums that includes a better workaround that what are already there
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Gandharva

Gandharva is on a distinguished road

So how do two paid vox users call each other for free without hardware (the whole point!) ? We still have to pay a VSP for forwarding?
Gandharva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

You have misunderstood VoXalot:

-It is itself a Voip Platform that let's you pick and choose the Voip providers you want, and which of those is used for each call.

-It is meant to be used with a Voip Device, but with a single line. See you register your device to VoXalot, and then you can have, 1, 5, 10 etc different DID numbers ring to the same account. You can also place calls using different providers, depending on which one is cheapest for that specific destination

-It is possible to use it without a device, it'll cost as low as $15/year from VoXalot, plus whatever the VSP you have chosen charges to place the call (of course, since you are in Canada, you could sign up that phone you want to receive calls at for PhoneGnome, now PhoneGnome becomes the VSP, and they'll call your registered phone for free)

In essence VoXalot lets you pick and choose the best features of each provider you have, and join multiple providers to create an "Ultimate Plan" of sorts

Think of VoXalot as your very own, hosted Asterisk Server, the opportunities from there are all up to you

For a list of features, what is and is not free see here http://forum.voxalot.com/10498-post27.html

BTW, short of having an account here, and liking the service, I have no association with VoXalot otherwise...

My understanding is, you want to use VoIP from your Landline/Cell, it is possible to achieve this for free, but it will take some playing around....that thread on RFD can get you started on some ideas, in the meantime I am working on an all-in-one illustrated guide on how to set up to receive and make calls via VoIP (using a combo of VoXalot, PBXes, MySipSwitch, PhoneGnome, TPad, SipBroker Access Numbers, and your choice of VSPs that have low rates for places you call often)

Hope this helps....

Last edited by emoci; 08-01-2007 at 05:22 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote