Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Rori

Rori is on a distinguished road
Default multiple voxalot account & betamax

As I have about 2 important places in my house where we like to make phone calls and call each other ( to prevent yelling) I have setup two voxalot acounts. This way its possible to call from living room to 2nd floor. My incoming line goes to voxalot account 1 (living room) here I have setup a SPA-3000. Upstairs I have an IP phone.
I also have 1 betamax account (voipcheap).

I always thought I could make calls with the same voipcheap account from both voxalot accounts. However account 1 is setup with SPA-3000 and voipcheap calls are made with the GW1 account on the SPA-3000. I recently found out I can only make calls with voipcheap from the second account.

Is the only way to solve this to get a second voipcheap account?

BTW The ultimate solution for me would be able to forward account 1 to account 2 after 20 secs to be able to pick up the call from both places and still be able to call each other.

My incoming line is from budgetphone.nl. It does not allow to register with two accounts which would also solve the issue for me.

Anybody any suggestions?

Last edited by Rori; 07-31-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo's
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #2

130166 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
My incoming line is from budgetphone.nl. It does not allow to register with two accounts which would also solve the issue for me.
Anybody any suggestions?
Budgetphone allow register with multiple devices, so maybe also two voxalotaccounts from different server=ip?
So xxxxxx@eu.voxalot.com and yyyyyy@us.voxalot.com ?
(I am not sure about this.)
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
As I have about 2 important places in my house where we like to make phone calls and call each other ( to prevent yelling) I have setup two voxalot acounts. This way its possible to call from living room to 2nd floor. My incoming line goes to voxalot account 1 (living room) here I have setup a SPA-3000. Upstairs I have an IP phone.
I also have 1 betamax account (voipcheap).

I always thought I could make calls with the same voipcheap account from both voxalot accounts. However account 1 is setup with SPA-3000 and voipcheap calls are made with the GW1 account on the SPA-3000. I recently found out I can only make calls with voipcheap from the second account.

Is the only way to solve this to get a second voipcheap account?

BTW The ultimate solution for me would be able to forward account 1 to account 2 after 20 secs to be able to pick up the call from both places and still be able to call each other.

Anybody any suggestions?
Rori, I have a similar situation with an IP phone(GXP-2000) in the basement, and an ATA (GS HT-496) feeding the house phone wiring.

One suggestion to deal with this is as follows :

1) Register both your SIP devices to the same Voxalot account

2) Incoming calls will ring on both devices with the first to answer getting the call

3) Either device can now initiate Voipcheap calls, but only one at a time, as long as you are using Voipcheap in an unregistered mode in Voxalot as outgoing VSP only

4) Dial plan, providers etc. are the same for both SIP devices
5) I am assuming that you are working with one internet connection and using a router

6) Use a STUN server (Eg. stun.voxalot.com.au:3478)

7) Use different SIP listening ports (Eg.5060 and 5061) for the 2 devices

8) Now when you call your own Voxalot extension from SIP Device A, Device B will ring, and when picked up a call is established

9) Depending on your internet connection speed especially upload), the arrangement may not be able to sustain good audio quality due to bandwidth requirements. One solution is to force a G729, GSM or iLBC codec for the internal house call.

10) To Force a G729 call - you can use a VSP provider who uses G729 their preferred codec. Also, set up in that provider in Voxalot with G729 only as the Codec.

11) If you find that Voxalot extension to same extension calls create one way audio, going through a second VSP, seems to clear out this issue.

12) Another option is to try calling to the private IP address, if supported by your devices. You have to use fixed IP address on the devices for this to work, and the dialling can be messy unless you can set up a speed dial on the device (I have not tried this).

13) Set up the internal call (if using Voxalot or other VSP) as a Speed dial (Eg. **1).

Hope the above makes sense. Good luck!
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Rori

Rori is on a distinguished road

Kurun,

Thanks however its not working fro me. Probably the upload. Even with g729 its messy. A direct ip call works from SPA-3000 to my grandstream but not the other way around. I get busy tone. They both have different listening ports. Anyway your solution was very creative!

John,

Before upgrading my 2nd voxalot account to premium I will first ask budgetphone .nl about your solution. My experience in the past (with voxalot beta ) was that it did not work.

I still have fixed pstn line but want to get rid of it and for that all this needs to be working properly.
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote