Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Site Related > Site Information and Administration

Site Information and Administration Post your site related questions and requests here.

Unread 08-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Calvin & Dobbs

Calvin & Dobbs is on a distinguished road
Question Help!

Hey can you help me activate my account? its 641982 and I guess I need an email resent or something it keeps saying that it couldnt confirm from my first emailed link. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!
Calvin & Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Account is now active

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
acha

acha is on a distinguished road

someone tell mi why i can not hear other when i call :
acha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
acha

acha is on a distinguished road

[quote=acha;18516]someone tell mi why i can not hear other when i call they hear mi
acha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acha View Post
someone tell mi why i can not hear other when i call :
Sounds like 1-way audio. There are a variety of possible causes for 1-way audio, but the most common reason you can't hear someone, when they can hear you, is your internet router.

The problem is, the default setups of many internet routers will sometimes (incorrectly) identify incoming voice packets as if they were "unsolicited attack" packets coming in from the internet. When this occurs (and with some routers and some VoIP adapters, it occurs more frequently than with others) the router's own "firewall" will block those incoming data packets from getting to your VoIP adapters, and hence YOU can't hear the other side of the call (because that side of the call is actually getting blocked by your router, in a misguided attempt to protect you from what it incorrectly perceives of as an "attack") even though the other side can hear you (as your OUTGOING packets aren't being block by your router).

NOTE: I don't know if this is in fact what is causing your particular problem, as there are other possible causes of 1-way audio (even though this seems to be the most common cause). And even if it is what is going on, I can't tell you for sure how to adjust your router and/or VoIP adapter settings to compensate, as the details of doing so vary with which brand of router and VoIP adapter you use.

However, I can tell you that this is a common problem with some of the router equipment that is out there. And I can also tell you that a general approach many (myself included) have taken (the frequently helps out with this issue) is to explicitly tell your router to "forward" the UDP ports your adapter uses (for voice channels) directly to your VoIP adapter (so that the ports are always "open", and therefore your router's firewall is less likely to block the voice packets). But (as I've said) the details of doing this vary with both the router used and the VoIP adapter being used behind that router.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 05:33 AM   #6
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acha View Post
someone tell me why I can not hear the other party when I call.
Are you using SIP hardware to make place the calls? If so, which brand and model?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote