Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-28-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
Rori

Rori is on a distinguished road
Default call connection: pattern invalid

I try to setup a call connection rule. Very simple: if a call arrives from a certain provider than send it to a sip uri.

It does work for a selection on inbound number( which means my sip uri is valid and does work). but not for an inbound provider. The provider is registered and I do receive calls from this provider. Only a forward does not work.

any ideas?
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road

I was having the same problem today, despite the fact that the connection rule I was trying to set up was identical to another "valid" rule, only with a different phone number to forward to. I solved the problem by deleting the attempt and starting over again with a new rule--then it worked.

Also, when SIP is involved I believe you have to put "sip:" in front of the url, as in:

sip:00000@sip.inphonex.com

If you're not already doing that, try it.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Rori

Rori is on a distinguished road

I did that with sip: and such and as said it does work when I change the rule to "match by inbound number" it will just not work with inbound provider which I think is realy strange.

BTW also a forward just to voicemail will not work. It seems like the whole "inbound provider" thing will not work.

Hopefully a voxalot employee can take a look at it?
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default Call Forwarding by Inbound Number using "Ends with" feature

Just did a check with my account, and I can forward by Inbound number to a sip:xxxxxx@sipprovider.com or voicemail correctly.

For number matching, I use the "Ends with" feature to match by Inbound Number, because I find the first part of the number is not consistent.

The providers occasionally transmit the country code, or even a prefix like "00" before the country code.

Please try your Call Forwarding rule again just matching by the last 4 to 7 digits of the incoming number.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote