Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road
Default whole slew of issues :confused:

Hello,

I've now become a paying PREMIUM subscriber of Voxalot (took the Pro service). Here is what I'm trying/want to do:

1. Have 5 providers register for incoming calls (Acanac, Voicenetwork, Eutelia, PennyTel, and 1 just for playing/testing).

2. So far, Voicenetwork, Eutelia and PennyTel have registered! Will put in details for Acanac once I register to Voxalot from my ATA (and disable Acanac from ATA). All dial plans, are the Voxalot defaults (have not tested outbound calls yet. See #3 below).

3. I want to get all of my calls (i.e., inbound calls) on Voicenetwork. Outgoing local calls (Can/US) should go out on Acanac (when I register it). Aussie calls will go out on PennyTel (when I define the Dial Plan for this VSP).

4. After all these are setup properly, I will register my PAP2-NA will Voxalot. The tutorial I have seen on here is now making my ATA re-register every 1 second. If someone has a solution for that, I’d appreciate it. Else I will undo all setting suggestions in this tutorial to what my settings were before (as previously, I was able to register every 60 seconds for Line 1 and 3600 seconds for Line 2). Not a biggie, but would appreciate anything here.

Now for the real issue: Since I have Voicenetwork registered (my default inbound provider for all calls, on all providers), how do I actually GET the calls?

Since I have not yet registered my ATA, my testing it all web/SIP Broker PSTN gateway based. Do I need to setup call forwarding? If so, how do I do it so that I actually get the calls?

In my “handling logic” in Call Fowarding, I’ve tested the following so far:

a) Phone Number, put in my voicenetwork DID, provider is SIP Broker. Call goes to 647-476 generic voicemail greeting! I don’t get the voicemail or the notification for a new voicemail.
b) SIP URI: and then enter "SIP:xxxxxxx@sipgw.voicenetwork.ca" (xxxx is either my username+peer info, or my DID). This is fast busy! Does anyone know if Voicenetwork even supports inbound SIP URI calls? They haven’t responded to my query yet!
c) Voicemail: this works fine and goes to Voxalot voicemail!
d) Your voxalot number: this is fast busy!!?!

Do I even need to define call forwarding? If yes, what am I doing wrong? If no, how do I get calls (all incoming calls, on all providers) to ring on my Voicenetwork “line” (which is 1 of my 5 registrations on Voxalot)?

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Voicenetwork just got back, and they DO NOT support inbound SIP URI!!!

Last edited by sprinter; 07-29-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Updated info
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

For the issue with the ATA trying to register every second, please check the following thread :
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...gistering.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
I use an SPA2100 and have had the 1 second registration issue when I was experimenting with using alternate ports of the Voxalot proxy. If you set the ATA to use the standard port 5060, then leave it off for a while, it might register normally. Also set
Register Expires: 3600
Reg Min Expires: 900
Reg Retry Intvl: 300

I can't say, maybe someone else knows.

As far as I know, Voicenetwork provides a DID (Direct Inward Dialing) number, that can be pointed to a sip account (Eg. sip:123456@voxalot.com). This does not need the Voicenetwork VoIP (sip) account to be registered to work.

This DID number re-direction or Forwarding is done in the Voicenetwork account set-up not in the Voxalot account.

Voicenetwork can also be used for making outgoing calls without registration.

Eutelia needs to be set up as a Voice Service Provider (VSP) and registerd in Voxalot, (SIP register set to Yes) to be able to receive calls.

Probably, it is best to work through the issues one VSP at a time, rather than setting up all the providers and trying to sort the all out at the same time.

Just set the "Active" tag to "No" for ones to be worked on at a later time.

Also, set up the dial plan for outgoing calls for your main outgoing VSP first, and then add to the dial plan ones it is working with the first outgoing VSP.

Usually, for outgoing VSPs, registration is not required, but the VSP must be set to active.

Hope that helps ........

Last edited by kurun; 07-30-2008 at 05:24 AM. Reason: For clarity and added link to thread.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

1. In terms of setting up the PAP2, take a look at this:
Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

2. In terms of receiving calls

-If your ATA is registered with VoXalot, inbound calls to each of those providers will ring directly to VoXalot and therefore your ATA...
It is pointless to force all calls to your VoiceNetwork trunk

-However, since for the time being you do not have an ATA registered to VoXalot, you can set a Call Forwarding rule...(this should only be temporary though, until you move to using VoXalot in your ATA)

My question is the following though:
If you already have VoiceNetwork registered (as in SIP Register set to Yes) in VoXalot, forwarding all calls coming in from other providers will create something like this:

Any incoming Provider>>VoXalot>>VoiceNetwork

but

VoiceNetwork(is also an incoming provider)>>VoXalot>>VoiceNetwork

So as you see this will lead to an infinite loop anyways.

What you want to do, is to forward these calls (at least temporarily until you decide to register directly with VoXalot) to a third party not involved currently in VoXalot..

For example, it seems to me you have Acanac currently registered in your ATA (but not registered in VoXalot). Then forward the calls to either your Acanac SIP URI (probably the best choice, but whether Acanac supports this is questionable), or your Acanac Number (remember though you'll need a provider to handle this call, SipBroker or VoXalot won't do it for you)

3.I noticed kurun posted above, let me once more stress two very important things from his post:
-If you are not planning on using a provider for receiving calls (if it is to be used for making calls only) there is no point in setting SIP Register to yes
-For providers like VoiceNetwork where SIP URI Forwarding is supported on their end, there is no need to SIP Register it in VoXalot, you can use their SIP Forwarding instead (this in turn saves you 1 registration slot that you can use for another provider.....don't confuse SIP Forwarding from VoiceNetwork,with SIP Forwarding to VoiceNetwork, they seem to support the first, but not the second)

Hope that helps get you started....

Keep us updated how it goes...

Last edited by emoci; 07-30-2008 at 05:30 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
sprinter

Thanks Kurun. I've already tried these settings (Register Expires: 3600, Reg Min Expires: 900, Reg Retry Intvl: 300), and they do not eliviate the issue. Since then, I've picked up other settings to play with (Handle/Insert VIA received, Handle/Insert VIA rport, etc) that I will play with later on in the hopes to get around the 1second registration.

I'll report back on my findings!
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
sprinter

Update:

1. I've updated Handle/Insert VIA received/rport and STUN settings, and now my ATA (PAP2-NA) is registering every 600 seconds. Thanks kurun!

2. I've setup my ATA to register directly with Voxalot. Acanac is now a registered SIP provider in Acanac (along with Voicenetwork, PennyTel and Eutelia). All providers will be used for incoming calls, and only Acanac will be used for outgoing (all except calls to Australia, which will be handled via PennyTel).

3. I wanted to use Voicenetwork for incoming as well, only for times when Acanac goes down. At least folks at home (where ATA is registered to Voxalot) will be able to still keep in touch with a local provider (assuming that Voxalot doesn't go down itself). Thanks emoci for "drawing" the call flow. it makes perfect sense!

4. Voicemail from Nov 2006 were still showing up in my mailbox. I've done *500 from the phone numerous times, and 4 of these messages were always in. After deleting them from my account online, these are now gone!

Now on to other/new issues:

1. Inbound calls to all 4 registered providers (see above) work fine. However, only to Voicenetwork, calls go silent on the ATA end after some time (anywhere between 2m13s to over 10m15s). I couldn't find a reason why this would happen, at random intervals!

2. After changing the values mentioned in #1 above (far above), I can't call out to *600. It is dead air!

3. Inbound calls: I need to use call forward (unless there is a better option) to send known telemarketers to voicemail. So far, I've defined any number on any provider that begins with 1800 to go to voicemail. I still got a call after doing that. Did I set it up right? Or is there a certain amount of time before the servers get "updated" before these kind of calls go to voicemail?
Unread 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

1. Just so that we can understand each other let's set this up first:
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to NO, we'll call these Registered (this is what you should be doing if you're only using the provider to make calls)
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to YES, we'll call these SIP Registered (this is what you should be doing if you want to receive calls from a provider

Now from what I can conclude you have the following:
-Acanac: SIP Registered
-VoiceNetwork: Registered (or is this SIP Registered as well)
-Eutelia: SIP Registered
-PennyTel: Registered

(Correct any of the above, If I have got them wrong)

2. About VoiceNetwork
Did you decide whether your are going to SIP Register VoiceNetwork in VoXalot, or forward incoming calls to your VoXalot acct via SIP URI?

When a call comes in right now, is audio fine at first, then it drops later?

3. About *600
-What's the dial plan string in your PAP2 like?
-Will dialing just 600 work?
-Can you still call 500 or *500 fine

4. About VoiceMail

A few things you may want to know:
-If you listen to a message then hangup it will likely still remain as a new message
-You need to either save or erase it.
-There is one more issue with the Message Waiting Indicator (or Interrupted tone when you pick up the phone and have a new message). It tends to get stuck if you listen to a new message and then erase it. It seem to run much smoother, if after listening to a message you save it to the old messages folder and erase it later (see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...resetting.html )

5. About your PAP2 setup

I am not fully clear on what setting you had to adjust to get to register properly, but since it is now working....provided you have a moment, grab some snapshots...

I'd be happy to add them alongside Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Ok,

1. Just so that we can understand each other let's set this up first:
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to NO, we'll call these Registered (this is what you should be doing if you're only using the provider to make calls)
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to YES, we'll call these SIP Registered (this is what you should be doing if you want to receive calls from a provider
Yes, my understanding of Registered and SIP Registered is the same as what you stated.

Quote:
Now from what I can conclude you have the following:
-Acanac: SIP Registered
-VoiceNetwork: Registered (or is this SIP Registered as well)
-Eutelia: SIP Registered
-PennyTel: Registered

(Correct any of the above, If I have got them wrong)
All 4 providers listed above are SIP Registered! I need all of them mainly for receiving calls.

Quote:
2. About VoiceNetwork
Did you decide whether your are going to SIP Register VoiceNetwork in VoXalot, or forward incoming calls to your VoXalot acct via SIP URI?
VoiceNetwork is SIP Registered in VoXalot. As mentioned above, I need the incoming call functionality more than outgoing. I have tried both their PSTN forwarding and SIP URI forwarding, both work fine. Until I run out of my allowed registration limit in VoXalot, I'll leave it as such.

Quote:
When a call comes in right now, is audio fine at first, then it drops later?
I haven't tested this for almost a week (not in town to test), but when I first started this thread, it would "drop" at various lenghts of the call. By "drop" I mean that the receiving end (VoiceNetwork) would not hear a thing, but the calling end (WWW-whole wide world) would continue to hear everything just fine!

Quote:
3. About *600
-What's the dial plan string in your PAP2 like?
-Will dialing just 600 work?
-Can you still call 500 or *500 fine
*600 didn't work when I last posted, but it worked fine last night! *500 always worked, and is fine! My dial plan is long...something I picked up from the PAP2 turorial here. Nothing fancy, and is geared for NA dialing. I'll post my screen shots later to show you what I have.

I had tried dialing 600 alone, and that didn't work either (dead air, similar to *600).

Quote:
4. About VoiceMail

A few things you may want to know:
-If you listen to a message then hangup it will likely still remain as a new message
-You need to either save or erase it.
-There is one more issue with the Message Waiting Indicator (or Interrupted tone when you pick up the phone and have a new message). It tends to get stuck if you listen to a new message and then erase it. It seem to run much smoother, if after listening to a message you save it to the old messages folder and erase it later (see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...resetting.html )
I understand the fact that I must delete messages for them to be "erased" from the mailbox. This was done. I had some messages from Nov 06 in my VoXalot mailbox (when I first signed up and tested). Those 4 test messages would still show up everytime I erased them. I had to delete them from the VoXalot web interface to disappear permanently.

The MWI on my PAP2 had a setting of 300 seconds. I guess it would take 5 minutes for VoXalot to update this if my message count changes with them. Not a big issue, as we hardly get messages on VoXalot anyways!

Quote:
5. About your PAP2 setup

I am not fully clear on what setting you had to adjust to get to register properly, but since it is now working....provided you have a moment, grab some snapshots...

I'd be happy to add them alongside Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ
I will provide some screen shots later this week for you to add in the FAQ!

Last edited by sprinter; 08-07-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Clarify response