Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
psehorne

psehorne is on a distinguished road
Default Voicemail stutter tone even though no msgs

A couple of days ago I received a voice msg and was alerted by a stutter tone on my ATA. I listened to the msg and deleted it, but the stutter tone has not gone away. I have double check Voxalot and no voice msgs are shown. I have rebooted my ATA. No change. I am still getting the stutter tone.

Paul
psehorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by psehorne View Post
A couple of days ago I received a voice msg and was alerted by a stutter tone on my ATA. I listened to the msg and deleted it, but the stutter tone has not gone away. I have double check Voxalot and no voice msgs are shown. I have rebooted my ATA. No change. I am still getting the stutter tone.

Paul
If I remember correctly you have a Grandstream....

You'll need to look for an MWI or Message Waiting Indicator field, and see if there is a refresh value setting along with it....

Also I don't know if this will help http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14398

Also see DracoFelis' post in that thread

If all fails, to turn it off this time around, try unplugging the phone from the ATA as well as restarting it.....

Last edited by emoci; 04-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
psehorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
If I remember correctly you have a Grandstream....

You'll need to look for an MWI or Message Waiting Indicator field, and see if there is a refresh value setting along with it....
You are correct I have a Grandstream (HT386) ATA. I found three WMI fields:
Disable Call-Waiting: - This is set to 'No'
Disable Call Waiting Caller ID (CWCID): - This is set to 'No'.
SUBSCRIBE for MWI: - This one was set to 'No'. I changed it to 'Yes'. The stutter tone went away. However, now I get no dialtone. I've set it back to 'No' and rebooted the ATA. Still not dialtone and can't make calls. The ATA is no longer registered to Voxalot.... Hmn... what to do???
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
psehorne

Quote:
SUBSCRIBE for MWI: - This one was set to 'No'. I changed it to 'Yes'. The stutter tone went away. However, now I get no dialtone. I've set it back to 'No' and rebooted the ATA. Still not dialtone and can't make calls. The ATA is no longer registered to Voxalot.... Hmn... what to do???
I think my web browser / ATA inferface have a problem with cookies or cache, and were lying to me or corrupted my ATA configuration (there was some junk in a couple of the ATA filels. I cleared cache and cookies, reconfigured the ATA, and now I have dialtone again and can make and receive calls. I then called and left a phone msg.... I have stutter tone even after deleting the msg.... So I'm back to where I started except that SUBSCRIBE for MWI is now set to 'Yes'. So it did not change the stutter tone situation. I don't see any other parameters that would affect stutter tone.

Darn...

Paul
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
psehorne

Wait a minute! The stutter tone just went away. Maybe setting SUBSCRIBE for MWI to 'Yes' did solve the problem.... but, there must be a delay, like 10 or 15 minutes between refreshes for this parameter. There is not specific refresh interval in the ATA interface for SUBSCRIBE for MWI. My assumption is that it use the 'Registration' refresh which is set for 20 minutes....

In any event, I think it is fixed now.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Wait a minute! The stutter tone just went away. Maybe setting SUBSCRIBE for MWI to 'Yes' did solve the problem.... but, there must be a delay, like 10 or 15 minutes between refreshes for this parameter. There is not specific refresh interval in the ATA interface for SUBSCRIBE for MWI. My assumption is that it use the 'Registration' refresh which is set for 20 minutes....

In any event, I think it is fixed now.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
Yeah there is a delay, last I read it should be at around 5 minutes though....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:57 AM   #7
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

There is a delay of about 5 minutes after you clear the messages and/or set the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) subscription to Yes before the stutter goes away. The Voxalot server updates MWI on a periodic basis.

Absence of dial tone usually indicates that the SIP device is not registering to the SIP server. This could be fo a number of reasons, like server is not avilable, NAT issues, or bad entries on the ATA.

If possible update the ATA to the latest firmware, as some of the earlier firmware had some issues.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #8
psehorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
There is a delay of about 5 minutes after you clear the messages and/or set the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) subscription to Yes before the stutter goes away. The Voxalot server updates MWI on a periodic basis.

Absence of dial tone usually indicates that the SIP device is not registering to the SIP server. This could be fo a number of reasons, like server is not avilable, NAT issues, or bad entries on the ATA.

If possible update the ATA to the latest firmware, as some of the earlier firmware had some issues.
You are correct. When I had no dialtone the ATA was not registered. Problem is that I don't know why. The only change I made was the MWI parameter. I've had problems before when I use the browser on this particular machine, regardless of whether I use Firefox (my usual browser) or revert to I.E. Some of the date in the fields gets corrupted, and I think this is what resulted in the failure to register. I went to another machine and was able to remove the corrupt data and reconfigure it correctly and thing healed.

I'll have to remember to not use this machine to configure the ATA. Don't know why, but the problem goes away if I delete all cookies; but I don't want to do that because I have some cookies that are useful to me.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.

Paul