Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #11
sinko

sinko is on a distinguished road

Thanks for quick reply again.

I am still hesitating to change to us.voxalot.com and/or eu.voxalot.com.

If I make a change to us or eu server do I need to use SIP code *010 or *031 in front of voxalot number in order to reach a person. Up to now (at voxalot.com) I have just dialed without the SIP code and it worked.

It appears that today au.voxalot.com had problems:
http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=1248
It appears that automatic 'fallback' to other servers did not work since users were suggested to update their registration info to other two servers while the problem was being resolved. Does that automatic 'fallback' work only for eu and us servers or it does not work at all?

I am not in situation to frequently update my sister's settings since I do not have remote access and she is not available often to access config and be guided by me to make changes and voxalot.com (as opposed to us or eu or au) seemed to work fine except for the problems described in this post, which appear to be caused by other problems. Hence it would be great if automatic fallback really works.
sinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Dialing without a Sip Broker code is also no longer supported and is another thing whose functionality might be abruptly removed so you should make changes now when you have warning. You can call each other by dialing *010number where number is the person's Voxalot number.

See this post: http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=917
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #13
sinko

Hi, would you please help me.

I was not able to reach my sister for about 24 hours before I posted in the forum. Then, before I made any changes I was able to reach her for about 24 hours until about 4 hours ago when I asked her to make all the changes suggested in SIP and Proxy and Registration including using eu.voxalot.com instead of voxalot.com. Unfortunately, as soon as I changed her settings I was not able to reach her again.

However, now the message "Person at extension 342084 is unavailable" plays after exactly 27 seconds that are set up as "ringing duration" in member details page, while before making the change the message would be almost instantaneous, which tells me that something different is happening now.

I need help, please. I think that eu.voxalot.com may have caused some problems now.

Could you please check whether 342084 is registered now through eu.voxalot.com and whether it has been registered at all during last 4 hours?

Thanks
Unread 03-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #14
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Yes a Linksys/SPA3102 is registered at the EU server.

The fact that it routes to voicemail after 27 seconds means that the firewall is not letting inbounds on UDP 5060 from the EU server.

You need to make sure that you setup your clients to bypass NAT issues. There are many posts in this forum that outline various strategies. Take the time to search.

Unfortunately there is no single answer, as each case is uniquely different.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
sinko

Thanks for quick reply.

The number I provided is the PSTN line on SPA-3102, so it is set-up to use UDP 5061. UDP 5060 is set-up on Line 1 and I cannot call Line 1 now to check if it works because my sister's sleeping, but I can call PSTN since it should give me signal without ringing through to her.

Is there a difference in how voxalot.com works with UDP 5061 (since it worked most of the time) vs. how eu.voxalot.com works with UDP 5061 since it does not work form the moment I switched to eu.voxalot.com?
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #16
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinko View Post
Is there a difference in how voxalot.com works with UDP 5061 (since it worked most of the time) vs. how eu.voxalot.com works with UDP 5061 since it does not work form the moment I switched to eu.voxalot.com?
No, the code base is identical on all proxies.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #17
sinko

I have read through forums trying to find solution to the problem. Based on a few posts it appears that 5061 should be able to work with eu.voxalot.com, please confirm. (thanks for confirming while I was writing this!)

Based on quite a few other posts where people had problems similar to mine the NAT issues may have been the cause, and especially in this post:
http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread....light=firewall

However, I know based on my previous settings that I was able to call almost all the time with just short periods of not being able to call my sister's number (which tells me that firewall and NAT issues were bypassed most of the time), but now I am completely cut out and I would like to ask you if you could answer a few questions below:

1) Is there a possibility that after setting the "Use DNS SRV", that using DNS became main blockage and stumble block for receiving the call and that firewall does not allow it?
Settings:
Use DNS SRV: YES
DNS SRV Auto Prefix: YES
One of the posts suggested using NO and NO and I was wondering what are DISADVANTAGES of using YES since I have just made a change and unit started being non-responsive for receiving calls and I feel that there is a high chance that this could have been a cause?

2) Is there a possibility that after setting the STUN enable, that STUN became main route for the call and that firewall does not allow it?
Settings:
STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Server: stun.xten.com

3) How can I evaluate importance of "NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 30"? It was suggested in one of the posts to keep this value SHORTER than the "timeout" value in the router. Where can I find out what is the timeout "value" in the router?

Last edited by sinko; 03-19-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #18
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road
Default Remote configuration

Since your sister is not frequently available to make config changes, why don't you set up the 3102 to allow remote management access? I have this running on my 2 SPA3102 and I can modify the one in Vn when I am in SIngapore and vice versa.

You need to set the Web management to on using port 80 or other such as 8080 etc. then create an account with DynDNS and configure the 3102 to register there for DDNS. Then you can access your sister 3102 from a distance and check and change any configuration without waking your sister up.
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
sinko

Thanks for the suggestion to use DynDNS. I have not tried that yet, but I tried to use remote access just like I use it on my SPA, by asking her to give me Current IP reading from Status page of SPA-3102.

Unfortunately, her reading was starting with 192.168.1.29 or something like that which told me that she is behind another computer which is behind another router and whole mess that her neighbor made up to provide internet to all his neighbors (so he gets it from provider and then he is subprovider).

Using port forward settings and this address that she would read for Current IP in format: http://192.168.1.29:9999 I could not get acces.

Would I by registering on DynDNS I could get info in a format that will help me access remotely?

What and where should I put in SPA-3102 config that lets unit register with DynDNS? How to config SPA-3102 to do that?

Thanks
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #20
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

That IP you quoted is a local IP (local to the home network). You need the external IP given by the ISP, which your sister might need to get from her neighbour. She could also find it using a website such as http://whatismyipaddress.com.

DynDNS simply maps an IP address to a domain name and will get updated whenever the IP changes (if you get it setup right). That allows you to access the SPA from say "mysister.mydomain.com" but ultimately it is you (or your DynDNS update tool) that tells it the IP address.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote