Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
ildo

ildo is on a distinguished road
Default SIP-SIP calls

Hi,
I´m trying to call a sip address (ildo@reg.tivi.lv) with VoXaLot web callback and the message is "the number to dial is invalid" and when i test in the dial plans the message is "A call to:ildo@reg.tivi.lv will get forwarded to ildo@reg.tivi.lv is not a valid e164 number"!
Can this be done, i´m doing samething wrong, please i need to use this...
Thank´s
ildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 12:19 AM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ildo
Hi,
I´m trying to call a sip address (ildo@reg.tivi.lv) with VoXaLot web callback and the message is "the number to dial is invalid" and when i test in the dial plans the message is "A call to:ildo@reg.tivi.lv will get forwarded to ildo@reg.tivi.lv is not a valid e164 number"!
Can this be done, i´m doing samething wrong, please i need to use this...
Thank´s
I don't think we have SIP URI's (directly entered) as an option/provider in "Web Call" yet. It has been talked about as a future option/enhancement, but I don't have an ETA for you as to when it might come out.

In the mean time, the easiest way to dial free VoIP locations with "Web Call", is to use the pre-defined "SIP Broker" provider. With "SIP Broker", you can reach hundreds of free VoIP/SIP call locations that have SIP Broker *codes to reach them ( http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/a...iderWhitePages ), if the proxy you are trying to reach is in that list (however, at this time reg.tivi.lv is NOT in that list).

Which brings up "work around" number 2:
If you click on "Providers", you can add another "Provider" that has "reg.tivi.lv" as the "Host" you want to reach (if you don't require login info, just make up a userid and password for that provider). Once you do that, you should be able to call the "number" of "ildo" via the "Provider" that you setup (that points to "reg.tivi.lv" as the "Host").

This would essentially give you want you want (i.e. a "Web Call" to sip:ildo@reg.tivi.lv ). However, it is a 2-stage process to setup (i.e. define the "Provider" first, and then use that "Provider" to call the "number" you are interested in). But at least it is a viable "work around" until such time as we add a "SIP URI" option to the "Providers" list used by "Web Call"...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
ildo

Thank´s a lot, but the problem is that even with the provider (reg.tivi.lv) setup, i can not use the number "ildo" the web call back message "your number is invalid". So i´m with this problem to.
Thank´s for the excellent job
Unread 04-29-2006, 04:18 AM   #4
Mallycat

Mallycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank´s a lot, but the problem is that even with the provider (reg.tivi.lv) setup, i can not use the number "ildo" the web call back message "your number is invalid". So i´m with this problem to.

I agree with DracoFelis - create your self a SIP Broker Account using your ildo@reg.tivi.lv address and then point an Alias Number to that address. I have documented this here http://voip.wikispaces.com/IPDialling#alias
Edit: Link

I actually have a VoXaLot Alias and a SIP Broker Alias that I use at different times, all pointing to my Direct IP Address.

Matt

Last edited by Mallycat; 04-29-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Mallycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Oops! I'll pass that info along to the others, about the "number" check (the problem being that "ildo" not being numeric), preventing you from doing this at all. Sorry I don't have an ETA for a "fix" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallycat
I agree with DracoFelis - create your self a SIP Broker Account using your ildo@reg.tivi.lv address and then point an Alias Number to that address. I have documented this here http://voip.wikispaces.com/IPDialling#alias
Actually, I didn't suggest that here (even though I have mentioned it in other threads).

Mallycat is correct, provided that address is you. i.e. if ildo@reg.tivi.lv reaches YOUR VoIP adapter, than you can create a SIP Broker alias, and use that SIP Broker alias to reach yourself.

But if that is the case (i.e. IF that is YOUR account you are trying to reach via Web Call), you could just setup the "default" field to "sip:ildo@reg.tivi.lv" to "yes" (and set enable to "yes") on your VoXaLot "Call Forward" tab. Then any calls to your VoXaLot number would ring your phone. And, that should also work out well, as "Web Call" can easily ring a VoXaLot number.

However, those two approaches only work if "sip:ildo@reg.tivi.lv" is YOUR phone number. If that is the phone number of a friend, you would have to get them to do one of the above two approaches (i.e. setup a numeric SIP Broker alias for themselves, or set themselves up with a VoXaLot account, with "Call Forward" setup). Once that is done, you (or anyone else) could easily call them via "Web Call" (using their SIP Broker alias and/or their VoXaLot account, depending upon what number was asked for).

Sorry about the work arounds right now. We'll see what we can do about adding an enhancement to "Web Call" to allow direct SIP URI calling in the future.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Mallycat

Mallycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
Actually, I didn't suggest that here (even though I have mentioned it in other threads).
As they say, a man (me) that only has a hammer, sees everthing as a nail.

Matt
Mallycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
ildo

Hi
Ok, I create a SIP Broker Account using my ildo@reg.tivi.lv address and then point an Alias Number to that address (0113517563). The results with Voxalot webcallback are:

in your number: 7563 via sip broker

Number to dial: 00351(home) via voipbuster

The results:
Some times in my house phone it rings a second
Some times nothing happens

In the Sip Broker EziDial my ildo@reg.tivi.lv it work fine
When i dial from pstn access number i dial my number and the machine says that "your number is not connected"
What i´m doing wrong?
Thnk´s