Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
patos

patos is on a distinguished road
Default eSeries STUN Support (VoIP Client 2.x)

Hi!

With the deployment of the newest firmwares for the eSeries (version 3.x) Nokia introduced STUN support for its VoIP client. Unfortunately Voxalot seems yet not to support it.

Here you can find more information on Nokia's implementation

Quote:
Nokia S60 VoIP Release 2.0 has STUN protocol support for NAT traversal and NAT binding refresh features. The NAT/Firewall traversal features enable the VoIP functionality behind NATs of certain type.
The STUN/firewall settings cannot be edited from the terminal UI, but must be provisioned by the service provider.
If the STUN server address is not configured, the terminal tries to find one with a SIP SRV query using the Public User Identity domain of the used SIP profile.
The compliance to Noka's solution can be tested by a simple DNS query:

Code:
nslookup
set q=srv
_stun._udp.domain.tld
This query won't return any results for any voxalot domains. If you use for instance as domain.tld "sipgate.de" you will be able to see that their dns record will return an answer for the STUN Server.

Could you please add this record so that Voxalot becomes compliant to newer Nokia eSeries firmwares? Thank you very much!

More information about DNS SRV records can be found here.
patos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks patos for the detailed information.

Our DNS records have now been updated. Please let us know if it is now ok.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road

Does this explain why I was not able to register my E61 at certain AP and OK at others? (due to variance in NAT)
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
Does this explain why I was not able to register my E61 at certain AP and OK at others? (due to variance in NAT)
Possibly. Depends on the version of the Nokia firmware you are using though as the NAT features are only available in the new firmware.

Unread 04-02-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
Tranworld

Yes I have the newest firmware 3.0633.09.04 on my E61. My problem was that at certain AP (hence router) my E61 will not register with Voxalot (or any other VSP) but my ATA would, for the same settings. So hopefully this may allow it to register?
Unread 04-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
Yes I have the newest firmware 3.0633.09.04 on my E61. My problem was that at certain AP (hence router) my E61 will not register with Voxalot (or any other VSP) but my ATA would, for the same settings. So hopefully this may allow it to register?
Interested in knowing your results.

Unread 04-02-2007, 03:59 AM   #7
Tranworld

Would definitely report back on the findings. Unfortunately the place that gave me problem was a hotel in Vietnam and I will not be back there for the next 2 weeks.
Unread 04-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
patos

Thank you very much for the fast response.

Unfortunately Nokia hasn't released v3 firmware for my E60 yet. It won't take long though, some european versions of the phone have already received it, at most in some weeks I will be able to test its STUN support.

E61 users should already be able to profit from the DNS records you added.

Another question:

I am not being able receive calls with my E60 while my Sipura 1001 is connected to Voxalot service. If I disconnect my sipura, wait for half an hour or more, E60 will work fine for incoming calls. But as soon as I turn on my Sipura all incoming calls will only be signalized to it, the E60 simply won't ring.

Just for the record: I have a sipgate account registered in the same adapter and cell phone without any problems. When I call my sipgate number both phones will ring and can answer the incoming call with any of them.

Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Thanks again for setting the DNS SRV records, i'll test them as soon as possible.
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
patos

I have installed the v3 version on my E60 and can confirm that stun is working with Voxalot. Thank you very much.

The problem with the forking continues though. I am still unable to receive calls in my E60 while the Sipura is connnected to Voxalot.

My Sipura has mapped the incoming sip port 5070 and E60 opens standard sip port 5060, both using the same IP. Even though all calls will only be signalized to the Sipura device.

The server I am connecting to is us.voxalot.com.

------ EDIT -------

This might help you. I did some fiddling tonight with parameters and saw that the European server handles forking just fine. If I set up the Sipura AND E60 to EU server both phone will ring, the first to answer will pick the call. Perfect. With US server it is still a no go. Registering with different servers will also do the trick. Eg. having phone A use US server and phone B use EU server.

STUN seems to be working pretty well too. As soon as I get a call, it will punchhole a high UDP port for incoming connection.

Last edited by patos; 04-12-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default It works on my E61

I am able to use Voxalot on my Nokia E61. It also does the fork. When somebody calls one of the SIP numbers that I use with Voxalot my ATA and my E61 ring at the same time. I can answer on both of them.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote