Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-04-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
david_strugatsky

david_strugatsky is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding with VoxLite

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Voxalot account to VoxLite in order to use "Call Forwarding" feature. I am trying two methods of "call forwarding", one is through my PhoneGnome account and another using Voipbuster provider, where I have a credit to place call to any PSTN. The PhoneGnome is registered with my home phone, so in Voxalot I just entered **466 to ring the home phone. The goal is to allow people to call me through the SIP broker PSTN in rate of local calls. Currently, I am testing the new setting using my cell and regular phones. Both methods are working till certain points. First, I am dialing SIP broker PSTN --> *010xxxxxx (my 6 digits voxalot number). If Voxalot is set up to forward to **466 via PhoneGnome, my home phone is ringing, but call is not connected, silence after answering.The same happens when Voipbuster takes care of incoming calls to route to my cell phone. I am not familiar with PhoneGnome, but Voipbuster is just working fine. I can place outbound calls from the softphone registered with Voxalot, which uses Voipbuster. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

David
david_strugatsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

A few things I'd suggest:

-Set your codecs as follows when you set up PhoneGnome or VoipBuster ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

-Toggle the Optimize Audio setting to both Yes and No to see if one setting produces better results than the next.

-What are you using to call into the SipBroker access number to test incoming calls? Preferrably you'd want to test from a cellphone or landline?

-Finally have you tried any other SipBroker access numbers....in some cases it could be the access number itself that could be the problem
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
david_strugatsky

david_strugatsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
A few things I'd suggest:

-Set your codecs as follows when you set up PhoneGnome or VoipBuster ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

-Toggle the Optimize Audio setting to both Yes and No to see if one setting produces better results than the next.

-What are you using to call into the SipBroker access number to test incoming calls? Preferrably you'd want to test from a cellphone or landline?

-Finally have you tried any other SipBroker access numbers....in some cases it could be the access number itself that could be the problem
Thank you, emoci.

Finally, It's working through Gizmo5 account registered with Voxalot. The caller should dial SIP broker PSTN and *747 xxxxxxx (Gizmo5), instead of *010xxxxxx (Voxalot). It's turned out that Voxalot (*010) does not work from some SIP PSTNs, at least from few I have tested. The incoming call placed to Gizmo number is routed to the home phone number (or any other) via paid VOIPBUSTER account with no problems. The Phonegnome worked also for a few calls, but it seems that **466 also requires credit for the future use.

Thanks,

David
david_strugatsky is offline   Reply With Quote