Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Murphanth

Murphanth is on a distinguished road
Default Need person calling in to hear engaged signal when i'm on the phone

Hi,

When i make an outgoing VOIP call and someone calls my voip number while i am on the phone they hear the phone ring and then it goes through to voicemail.

1. Am i able to set it up so that they get an engaged signal if i am already on the phone?
2. Can i redirect calls directly to voicemail when i am on the phone?

I have a Netgear DB834GV modem/voice box.

Thanks
Murphanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphanth View Post
Hi,

When i make an outgoing VOIP call and someone calls my voip number while i am on the phone they hear the phone ring and then it goes through to voicemail.

1. Am i able to set it up so that they get an engaged signal if i am already on the phone?
2. Can i redirect calls directly to voicemail when i am on the phone?

I have a Netgear DB834GV modem/voice box.

Thanks
The only reason someone would hear ringing when you are on the phone is:

1. You've got Call Waiting activated in your ATA
2. You have more than one ATA/SoftPhone registered with VoXalot

If I have none of those two activated, from my expericne VM picks up right away when on the phone.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Murphanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
The only reason someone would hear ringing when you are on the phone is:

1. You've got Call Waiting activated in your ATA
2. You have more than one ATA/SoftPhone registered with VoXalot

If I have none of those two activated, from my expericne VM picks up right away when on the phone.....
Hi Emoci
1 -There doesnt seem to be the option to disable Call Waiting in my ATA.
2- The guy from engin set up a soft phone on my computer when he was trying to sort out some earlier problems. I can see where it is registered when i log in to voxalot though. How do i remove this?

Sorry - i am really new to all this and dont know much about computers...
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
Murphanth

ok, i have turned the soft phone off and disabled call waiting with Engin. Now when someone rings while i am on the phone it goes through to voicemail. How can i get it to have an engaged signal instead?

A couple of other questions:
1. I thought by going through voxalot that all the Engin features would be disabled, but they still seem to work, such as call waiting etc.
2. What does SIP Outbound Proxy mean? Should this have the same address as the SIP Proxy above it? The SIP proxy has au.voxalot.com and the Outbound Proxy Address has us.voxalot.com.

Thanks
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphanth View Post
ok, i have turned the soft phone off and disabled call waiting with Engin. Now when someone rings while i am on the phone it goes through to voicemail. How can i get it to have an engaged signal instead?

A couple of other questions:
1. I thought by going through voxalot that all the Engin features would be disabled, but they still seem to work, such as call waiting etc.
2. What does SIP Outbound Proxy mean? Should this have the same address as the SIP Proxy above it? The SIP proxy has au.voxalot.com and the Outbound Proxy Address has us.voxalot.com.

Thanks
VoXalot supports most of the features provided by the VSP, from personal experience that includes Call Waiting, CID, CID with Call Waiting.....

VoXalot does not require you to use an Outbound Proxy Address, but if things are working ok, and you did not set up the ATA yourself it doesn't hurn if you have it on....It is a good idea to have them both be the same, whether you use us or au depends on where you are and what the cluster in your VoXalot member page is......but if they are different it's not the end of the world as long as it is working

Now, the reason people go to VoiceMail when you are busy is because VM is active (has been set to yes)....do you not want VoiceMail active, but turning it off would mean it would not come up even if in cases where your phone rings but you are not there to answer....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote