Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #31
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoobye View Post
Martin,

It would be very helpful for the vbuzzer user if you can open port 80.

I tried to use port 80, its status showed failed.

I've had Vbuzzer registered for months and don't recall ever seeing it fail.

Recheck your Provider settings and see if there isn't a typo somewhere.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #32

244751 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Ron
Ron, are you registered via voxalot or an ATA because the last time I tried registering Vbuzzer via voxalot I register successfully but I was getting one way audio. If you have successfully registered via voxalot and your audio is fine. Please could you post your setting including codec order
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
yahoobye

yahoobye is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ron
Do you put port 80 or 5060? It showed failed if port is 80, and registered if port 5060, but you will get busy signal at either cases.

Can you try to call your vbuzzer # either from direct phone # or from Sipbroker access # and to see if works now, if yes, could you please post your configuration to us?
yahoobye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #34
Ron

I have Vbuzzer registered through VoXaLot. I just tried a call and it worked fine. In the past, I've found that NAT/Port Forwarding can give one-way audio and call processing problems.

Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw

SIP Proxy: vbuzzer.com

SIP Port: 80

Active: Yes

SIP register: Yes
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #35

244751 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have Vbuzzer registered through VoXaLot. I just tried a call and it worked fine. In the past, I've found that NAT/Port Forwarding can give one-way audio and call processing problems.

Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw

SIP Proxy: vbuzzer.com

SIP Port: 80

Active: Yes

SIP register: Yes
Hi Ron, I used your settings and I am able to register but I can't receive incoming calls. I do not have NAT/Firewall. Are you able to receive incoming calls or do you only use vbuzzer for outgoing?
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #36
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
Hi Ron, I used your settings and I am able to register but I can't receive incoming calls. I do not have NAT/Firewall. Are you able to receive incoming calls or do you only use vbuzzer for outgoing?
Outgoing only (I don't have a DID).

Ron
Unread 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #37
yahoobye

yahoobye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Outgoing only (I don't have a DID).

Ron
Could you please try to call your Vbuzzer # via Sipbroker alias through sipbroker access number?
yahoobye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #38
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

I have a strange, and possibly related question.

At my place of work I can get voxalot, voipcheap and skype to all work when using a softphone (x-lite, voipcheap and skype clients respectively).

But when I use an ATA to hook up to the network it won't allow calls, either via voxalot or to voipcheap directly.

To me this suggests this isn't a port problem (if it were then why would the softphone work?), but I can't see what the problem would be.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but I thought it may be the same topic, if not then please let me know and I'll start a new thread.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #39
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
I have a strange, and possibly related question.

At my place of work I can get voxalot, voipcheap and skype to all work when using a softphone (x-lite, voipcheap and skype clients respectively).

But when I use an ATA to hook up to the network it won't allow calls, either via voxalot or to voipcheap directly.

To me this suggests this isn't a port problem (if it were then why would the softphone work?), but I can't see what the problem would be.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but I thought it may be the same topic, if not then please let me know and I'll start a new thread.
To me, when one device works within a network, and another doesn't on the same network (i.e. X-lite vs. an ATA), it means definitely the non-working device is misconfigured somehow. ATAs are fairly complicated to setup compared to X-lite and have a lot more settings. The Voxilla forum is the best place in my opinion for information on configuring ATAs to get them working within your network.

I think this thread was meant for people who are banned from using port 5060 by their internet provider (typically only by some European university campuses and by Middle Eastern service providers), while most of the latter posts are by people who probably aren't affected by that and have something setup wrong.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #40
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoobye View Post
Could you please try to call your Vbuzzer # via Sipbroker alias through sipbroker access number?
I don't have a Vbuzzer number. All I have is a Vbuzzer username / password. If you know of a way that I can call my Vbuzzer account using a username (all letters / no digits) through a SipBroker access number, please provide the details and I'll give it a try.

Ron