Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-14-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Problems with Call Connection Rules List

Why do calls through my virtuall toll free buttons always ring my phone, although most of the time I want them to go to Voice Mail?

I have set up a virtual toll free button and want these calls to ring my phone only between 9 AM and 6 PM. Calls through this button are being forwarded to the SIP address of one of my Voice Service Providers at Voxalot, called "c2c SIP address" in this example. Generally all calls from Voxalot are forwarded to a SIP address in my ATA that's called in this example "normal@sipaddress".

Here you can see my Call Connection Rules:

Call Connection Rules List

Priority Inbound Rule Day Start Time End Time Forward To Active
10 c2c SIP address Every 18:00 23:59 Voicemail Yes
10 c2c SIP address Every 0:00 8:59 Voicemail Yes
20 Any Every 0:00 23:59 sip:normal@sipaddress Yes

What is wrong with these rules? Why do calls to the "c2c SIP address" never go to Voice Mail, regardless of the time?
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoebel View Post
Why do calls through my virtuall toll free buttons always ring my phone, although most of the time I want them to go to Voice Mail?

I have set up a virtual toll free button and want these calls to ring my phone only between 9 AM and 6 PM. Calls through this button are being forwarded to the SIP address of one of my Voice Service Providers at Voxalot, called "c2c SIP address" in this example. Generally all calls from Voxalot are forwarded to a SIP address in my ATA that's called in this example "normal@sipaddress".

Here you can see my Call Connection Rules:

Call Connection Rules List

Priority Inbound Rule Day Start Time End Time Forward To Active
10 c2c SIP address Every 18:00 23:59 Voicemail Yes
10 c2c SIP address Every 0:00 8:59 Voicemail Yes
20 Any Every 0:00 23:59 sip:normal@sipaddress Yes

What is wrong with these rules? Why do calls to the "c2c SIP address" never go to Voice Mail, regardless of the time?
Do you have the right timezone setup on the member details page?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
mgoebel

My timezone is GMT+01:00 = Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm...

That's exactly where I live.
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My timezone is GMT+01:00 = Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm...

That's exactly where I live.
Please PM me your Voxalot 6 digit number and I will take a look.

Unread 08-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
martin

Hello,

Ok we have looked into your problem and found the following:

You have 2 call connection rules routing "inbound" calls from "c2c SIP address" to voicemail between 6:00pm - 9:00am

These rules will work for "inbound" calls from "c2c SIP address". The reason they are not working for your virtual toll free buttons is because the VTF initiates two "outbound" calls one of them using your "c2c SIP address" provider and bridges the calls.

Edit: Craig suggested a possible workaround. Try changing the two voicemail call connection rules to match by "Inbound Number" where the number "equals" your 6 digit Voxalot account.

The reason this should work is because the CID for the virtual toll free is your Voxalot account number.

Another solution is to use a dedicated account for your virtual toll free buttons using "c2c SIP address" provider an setup two unconditional call connection rules routing calls voicemail between 6:00pm - 9:00am

Hope this makes sense.

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
mgoebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Edit: Craig suggested a possible workaround. Try changing the two voicemail call connection rules to match by "Inbound Number" where the number "equals" your 6 digit Voxalot account.

The reason this should work is because the CID for the virtual toll free is your Voxalot account number..
I like Craig's solution because it seems so quick and easy. I will directly try it out. Thank you for your help.
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
mgoebel

OK,

I have now tried Craig's solution and it works great. Every call to my other SIP accounts at Voxalot comes through and rings my phone. Only calls from Virtual Toll Free go directly to the Voice Mail when people call me out of office hours.

Thank you!

(Maybe this solution should be part of the manual for Virtual Toll Free?)
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
martin

Good news Markus thanks for sharing.

Quote:
(Maybe this solution should be part of the manual for Virtual Toll Free?)
Good idea.