Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 05-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road
Default Why can't VoipDiscount users be reached via SipBroker?

People can call me on my VoipDiscount SIP address at: my-user-ID@sip.voipdiscount.com

For some reason my VoipDiscount SIP address cannot be reached through SipBroker. If other people can call my VoipDiscount SIP address, why can't SipBroker call it? Is it something to do with the user-ID part of my VoipDiscount SIP address having letters instead of being all digits?

Anyone have a VoipDiscount SIP address with all digits before the "@"? If you do, can you try calling it via Sipbroker and report the results here? Thanks!

Last edited by boatman; 05-07-2008 at 04:44 AM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
voipuser

voipuser is on a distinguished road

VoipDiscount does not allow inbound URI addresses to your account. This means that you cannot use SipBroker to dial from the PSTN network into your VoipDiscount account. You can complain to VoipDiscount for this and ask them to change their policy. It is however their right to not allow incoming calls from other SIP providers.

You can set up a free US based PSTN number with FreeDigits.com and set the call forward option to the URI user@sip.VoipDiscount.com and this will work. It is also possible to set the call forward option in the VoipDiscount web interface to a PSTN (or mobile) international number of your choice. So when someone calls you at the US number the call will be forwarded to VoipDiscount and then onwards to your designated PSTN number. In this case you will have to pay for the second leg of the call according to their tariff. This can be convenient for places where broadband does not exist, as a free US number can be linked to any other international number at very low cost.

Create a FreeDigits.com account and forward your calls to the VoipDiscount URI User@sip.voipdiscount.com. Then you can use the SipBroker.com PSTN access numbers with the SIP prefix *665 that corresponds to FreeDigits followed by your FreeDigits number.

This way your call will be forwarded from FreeDigits to VoipDiscount and effectively you will have a free DID number linked to the VoipDiscount account which will also be accessible from the SipBroker PSTN numbers.

It works with SipDiscount.com, NoNoh.net and presumably with all other Betamax sites (betamax price comparison).

One point to note is that from within the VoipDiscount login page a call can be forwarded to any PSTN/mobile number on a permanent basis. This may be usefull to people who are on the move.

For more information see also:

VOIP Phone Service Providers, Broadband Business Phone, Free Internet Phone Service VOIP,Voice Over Internet Phone Service

Betamax VoIP Calling Rates » VoIP Products.eu

Tools, advice and comparisons rates for the voip telephony software of Betamax

My VoIP Provider - VoIP Services - - Betamax

DID Service Providers - voip-info.org

SIP Switch : Use multiple VoIP providers with one SIP phone

Last edited by voipuser; 07-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.
voipuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Here is the issue (I expect):

-Other VoipDiscount users can call user@sip.voipdiscount.com without problems

-Question: Can third party users call you at user@sip.voipdiscount.com
This includes examples like Gizmo, FWD, ability to forward an IPKall or FreeDigits number to user@sip.voipdiscount.com

-If case 2 above is possible, provided VoipDiscount is not blocking SipBroker specifically, it should work with SipBroker as well

However currently SipBroker reports (Red sign) that *7430 cannot get calls through, and my understanding is that you cannot call user@sip.voipdiscount.com form any third party provider (examples mentioned above)....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Question: Can third party users call you at user@sip.voipdiscount.com? This includes examples like Gizmo, FWD, ability to forward an IPKall or FreeDigits number to user@sip.voipdiscount.com
I have my ipkall.com number forwarded to my VoipDiscount SIP address (my-user-id@sip.voipdiscount.com). It's working fine and people call me by dialing my ipkall number. Everyone except Sipbroker can reach me at my VoipDiscount SIP URI. I think there is something wrong with Sipbroker.
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:56 AM   #5
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

As mentioned above, Voipdiscount is not successfully peering via Sipbroker.
Only calls from other Betamax accounts are accepted or else from some DIDs redirected to user@sip.voipdiscont.com (Example Ipkall, Freedigits).
From Voxalot account, a user can reach a Voipdiscount account to the WinXP client or a registered account using a method described here :

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post15939
or
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post15969

Not sure if the methods described are applicable to the situation in this thread, as the originating call must be using a Voxalot account or a similar service.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Only calls from other Betamax accounts are accepted or else from some DIDs redirected to user@sip.voipdiscont.com
Gizmo5.com does not appear to be one of the Betamax companies. Why are Gizmo5 users able to call me directly at my VoipDiscount SIP address?
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:57 AM   #7
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, my statement is not quite correct. The method described is to allow dialing a Betamax account from a numeric keypad, because Betamax does not peer with other services via Sipbroker.

Gizmo is not a Betamax service as far as I know, but does allow sip-to-ip dialing using the form sip:user@betamax_service.com. Is this the method you are using?
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

So I played with it further (I used InternetCalls for testing btw)...

-Gizmo can call user@sip.internetcalls.com
-SipBroker can also call user@sip.internetcalls.com when using EziDial (try here SIPBroker - EziDial )

-However when registering user@sip.internetcalls.com and assigning it an alias the call fails when trying to call the alias....

Now granted this looks like a SipBroker related issue.... will try to get Martin, Craig or Tony to take a look...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
jozef

jozef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Ok,

So I played with it further (I used InternetCalls for testing btw)...
I used 4 accounts: Voxalot ---> MySipSwitch ---> VoipWise ---> Poivy

Register Voxalot i MySipSwitch

Dial Plan for MySipSwitch
exten = userMySipSwitch,1,SwitchCall(userVoipWise,password VoipWise,userPoivy@sip.voipwise.com)

Now you can dialing a Poivy/Betamax account from a numeric keypad via Voxalot/Sipbroker.
It works for me.
jozef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozef View Post
Now you can dialing a Poivy/Betamax account from a numeric keypad via Voxalot/Sipbroker.
It works for me.
Okay, but shouldn't it work through Sipbroker. I tried it again today using speed dial slots in my Linksys ATA; calling direct to my-user-id@sip.voipdiscount.com worked, but calling to *7430my-user-id@sipbroker.com resulted in 404 error from sipbroker.