Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Jeannie

Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Any way to assign a dial rule to call a Sip address (not supported by Sipbroker)??

Need help on how to create a dial rule, to make Voxalot call a specific Sip address, to be used within Liberailvoip callback settings.

The problems:
1. That Sip network is not supported by Sipbroker.
2. I cannot use the Voxalot 'speed-dial' feature for that, since LIV doesn't allow predefined callback numbers to include asterisks '*'

I know I can easily bypass that by adding another service into the mix (like MSS) - but the whole point is that it must be directly called from Voxalot, for a sensitive test I'm trying to run (must avoid extra latency/transcoding)

Any idea?
Thank you
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
Need help on how to create a dial rule, to make Voxalot call a specific Sip address, to be used within Liberailvoip callback settings.

The problems:
1. That Sip network is not supported by Sipbroker.
2. I cannot use the Voxalot 'speed-dial' feature for that, since LIV doesn't allow predefined callback numbers to include asterisks '*'

I know I can easily bypass that by adding another service into the mix (like MSS) - but the whole point is that it must be directly called from Voxalot, for a sensitive test I'm trying to run (must avoid extra latency/transcoding)

Any idea?
Thank you
What's the SIP Adress ... if it accepts third party SIP Calls ... I'm sure we can just add it to SipBroker...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Jeannie

Default sorry..

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish the Sip network address (here or on Sipbroker). Might get abused. I got it from that service for my tests, after giving my word not to publish it.

I thought there may be some trick to assign it a dial-rule on my Vox, but it seems there isn't.. will have to do this in a different way

Thank you Emoci
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
jozef

jozef is on a distinguished road

Hi,

1. Add provider to Voice Service Provider List.
2. Create the short number in Smart Call (Dial Plans).
3. Dial the short number.
http://forum.voxalot.com/sip-broker-...html#post17992

Last edited by jozef; 08-21-2009 at 03:05 PM.
jozef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
Jeannie

Default not that easy

Well, the network is a voice developing platform rather than a typical Voip-provider which provides Sip-registrable username & passwords.
However voice applications can be accessed through Sip.

Is there a way to register (callout only) anonymous networks on Voxalot - without username & password?? (like registering Sipbroker itself as a provider on MSS with the 'anon' username)

Thanks
Unread 08-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
jozef

Default There is it, I think...

Could you define the Outbound Dial Prefix in LIV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozef View Post
I use this config in PBXes for SpeedDial:

Trunk: VoxalotSpeedDial
Outbound Dial Prefix: **

Outbound Routing: > 0 VoxalotSpeedDial (with Priority 0)
Custom Dial Patterns:
X
XX

It works for 1 and 2 digits.

Last edited by jozef; 08-22-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Unread 08-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish the Sip network address (here or on Sipbroker). Might get abused. I got it from that service for my tests, after giving my word not to publish it.

I thought there may be some trick to assign it a dial-rule on my Vox, but it seems there isn't.. will have to do this in a different way

Thank you Emoci
My only other thoughs:

-Create a SipBroker account using id@sip.sipprovider.com as the username
-Once the registration is complete assign the SIP URI an alias from within your SipBroker acct. (eg. *011-123456)
-Now you can call *011-123456 from VoXalot ... given that you don't want * .. set a dial plan such that a call to 011123456 is converted to *011123456 via SipBroker as the provider

This is the equivalent of adding the provider to SipBroker ... except you're the only one that knows about it... and you can erase/change your acct. as you please
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #8
jozef

Default Call to SIP URI through the Smart Call List (Dial Plans)

Quote:
Is there a way to register (callout only) anonymous networks on Voxalot - without username & password?? (like registering Sipbroker itself as a provider on MSS with the 'anon' username)

Thanks
Now in SipSorcery you can add provider to the SIP Provider with blank username & password. I tested forwardning to Voxalot through the Dial Plan. In Advanced Settings for Voxalot I added to From Header:
Quote:
${fromname}<sip:${fromuriuser}@sipsorcery.com>
It works fine with Number Presentation/CLI.

I would like the possibility in Voxalot to add a provider to the Voice Service Provider List with blank username & password or check the box SIP URI calls only.

Thanks
Unread 08-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Jeannie

Default Haleluyah

Many thanks Emoci for the tip. It works like sharp!
I have a vague memory from about over a year ago. I tried to register on Sipbroker a Sip address, also from a non-supported network. For some reason it didn't work then, and I was left with an strong assumption that aliases could only be created for networks which already exists on their list - just for people who want to hide their Sip addresses

That's only why I didn't think of giving it another try... (in other words: I'm not that negligent)

Thank you Josef too for contribution on this post.
Yes it's possible to define outbound Dial Prefixes on LIV, but I don't think it's applies for callback numbers too (on their callback section you need to tell them which provider you want to perform the callback, so that's seems separate from all other dial-rule configurations). Anyway the website is in Italian things are more difficult to figure out.

SipSorcery looks excellent, esp with it's added new features, but at this point I'm experiencing many times audio problems. They have just started and I'll wait some time before happily use them again, together with Voxalot
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

This is a question about SIP URI call. Thanks in advance.

It's found dialing 500/600 works fine. dialing voxalot member(6-digit number) gets tone but never gets connected, I was thinking at least the call should be forwarded to account VM. but it doesn't.

Is it correct that voxalot member is with SIP URI 123456@us.voxalot.com? I couldn't figure out where I am wrong.

Update:
never mind, I got it working. need to add *010-123456.

Last edited by beaver; 03-21-2010 at 10:26 PM.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote