Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
majo

majo is on a distinguished road
Default Account Summary & Device Registration !!!!!

Hi All,
I have noticed that there are two new links added. AccountSummary& DeviceRegistrations

Later is not linked directly, if you access Account summary then at the bottom comes linke to DeviceRegistration. I don't know if these are premium features or free. Any way good effort.

It will be nice if VoxTeam can add provider with user name in call records.

Thanks VoxAlot.

Majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #2

130166 is on a distinguished road

The device registrations shows only one?
My Targa phone at home is shown. Now I start a x-lite softphone, and it shows only x-lite. If I finish softphone the Targa is shown again.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road

Where exactly are these new links? I can't see them for want of looking, or are my eyes playing tricks? Tried the links in th post above and there they are. Puzzling!
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitydawg View Post
Where exactly are these new links? I can't see them for want of looking, or are my eyes playing tricks? Tried the links in th post above and there they are. Puzzling!
If you go to your Member Details page, the green Account Summary button is at the near the top of the page.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130166 View Post
The device registrations shows only one?
My Targa phone at home is shown. Now I start a x-lite softphone, and it shows only x-lite. If I finish softphone the Targa is shown again.
Hmm... this is a tricky one to explain. We have multiple proxies scattered around the world (EU, AU, US), but still need to allow users that are registered against one proxy (eg. the US server) to be able to call a user that is registered against another proxy (eg. the AU server) by using a common voxalot.com SIP uri.

To do this, we use a technique called 'registration replication' - which forwards REGISTER requests from 'slave' proxies up to a central 'master'... one of the side-effects of this technique, though, is that the master (which is where we source the device registration list from) only contains the details for the last registered device for each user. It works at runtime, though, because the master flicks INVITE requests down to each individual slave for handling.

We have a few ideas about how to fix it, but they are all fairly convoluted, so for now the device registrations is a little inaccurate. I meant to put a warning on the page, but became stuck trying to explain under what circumstances it doesn't display all devices (as you can see from the above explanation it is a bit complicated), and then just forgot to go back to it.

--
Craig
Unread 10-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Hmm... this is a tricky one to explain. We have multiple proxies scattered around the world (EU, AU, US), but still need to allow users that are registered against one proxy (eg. the US server) to be able to call a user that is registered against another proxy (eg. the AU server) by using a common voxalot.com SIP uri.

To do this, we use a technique called 'registration replication' - which forwards REGISTER requests from 'slave' proxies up to a central 'master'... one of the side-effects of this technique, though, is that the master (which is where we source the device registration list from) only contains the details for the last registered device for each user. It works at runtime, though, because the master flicks INVITE requests down to each individual slave for handling.

We have a few ideas about how to fix it, but they are all fairly convoluted, so for now the device registrations is a little inaccurate. I meant to put a warning on the page, but became stuck trying to explain under what circumstances it doesn't display all devices (as you can see from the above explanation it is a bit complicated), and then just forgot to go back to it.

--
Craig
Is it fair to assume that the master is one of the Proxies in the US server then...?

I've noticed that I can see multiple devices registered when using the US server... but guys in EU and AU have had issues similar where they only see the latest registered device...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by majo View Post
It will be nice if VoxTeam can add provider with user name in call records.

Thanks VoxAlot.
I would like that, too.

Thanks, Craig, for the Account Details overview. It's a nice addition.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Is it fair to assume that the master is one of the Proxies in the US server then...?

I've noticed that I can see multiple devices registered when using the US server... but guys in EU and AU have had issues similar where they only see the latest registered device...
No. It is another seperate server that acts as the master registry and also as a central point for all our Call Records across all the slaves (plus a few other things).

The reason US users sometimes see two entries is because of yet another wrinkle called SRV records. SRV records are a special type of DNS entry that allow us to balance the load across multiple servers and support failover.

So, in the US, we have two physical servers (proxy01.us1.voxalot.com and proxy02.us1.voxalot.com). We have an SRV record for us.voxalot.com that spreads the load across those two servers, so if your ATA points to us.voxalot.com (and supports SRV records) then depending on the timing, your first device might have the SRV resolving to first US server and the second device might resolve to the second US server. In this case, because each US server is considered as a separate slave, the master shows two entries.

Does that make sense?

--
Craig