Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
phoneuser

phoneuser is on a distinguished road
Default Finarea/ Betamax - DID working with VoXaLot SIP registration!!

This is great that Finarea/ Betamax products are working now with incoming calls. Though outgoing was fine, I am sure that I was unable to receive calls using my voipdiscount DID. I think some changes have been made. Is it?
phoneuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
phoneuser

Update:

Somethime it seems to be reluctant to work!!!

Sometimes working, sometimes not.

Sipgate, stanaphone are always fine.
Unread 06-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

No problems here, or not that I've noticed. I tested them a short while ago and they were working fine.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
alfredwesterveld

alfredwesterveld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie
No problems here, or not that I've noticed. I tested them a short while ago and they were working fine.
You could receive incoming calls? What where your settings?
alfredwesterveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
fozzie

Just the standard settings, as detailed on their web sites.

I think, the Finarea group of companies only allow you to have a single device registered to each of the VSPs so it can cause problems if say you are running their Sipdiscount VoIP app at the same time as registering with Sipdiscount through Voxalot. Perhaps you have been doing this?
Unread 06-22-2006, 03:01 AM   #6
phoneuser

Quote:
Just the standard settings, as detailed on their web sites.

I think, the Finarea group of companies only allow you to have a single device registered to each of the VSPs so it can cause problems if say you are running their Sipdiscount VoIP app at the same time as registering with Sipdiscount through Voxalot. Perhaps you have been doing this?

Sipdiscount comes with complete SIP support, and P2P is not possible (for sipdiscount) as there is no Finarea VOIP client for it. Have you ever experienced with any other Finarea brand like VoipDiscount, Internetcalls, Voipcheap, Voipstunt?

I am sure that the only registration was through VoXaLot and it (VoipDiscount) did not ring where voxalot is assigned with my SPA3000. There must be something wrong.
Unread 06-22-2006, 05:26 AM   #7
fozzie

Oh yeah, Sipdiscount was a bad example! I also have incoming calls working for voipcheap.com and voipbuster.com.
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
phoneuser

Quote:
Oh yeah, Sipdiscount was a bad example! I also have incoming calls working for voipcheap.com and voipbuster.com.

fozzie, perpahaps I was mentioning that I was not able to get incoming calls working. It was not about examples, but there is high possibility with sipdicount with minimum trouble as only this service is for BYOD.

I ran my asterisk with Finarea DIDs of UK, France, Netherlands, German, Hongkong altogether. There was no problem. And FYI none of them is of sipdiscount due to its minimum coverage of free destinations.

Now I tried to get incoming calls with three DIDs (UK of inernetcalls, Netherlands of Voipdiscount and France of voipdiscount) using VoXaLot, but surprise!! Incomings were fine with either the "France" or "UK" plus Netherlands. Both France and UK never gets the incoming calls. Changing the voxalot SIP registration from YES to NO and again to YES switches the incoming calls to the respective DIDs. The last one with register command gets the calls. It also happened that only one DID was working (France).

There must be something wrong!!!
Unread 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
phoneuser

Update

The French DID does not work at all (in good registration situation) when called from Sipdiscount. Message "403 Forbidden", BUT works when dialed from sipgate, skype and even from another finarea/ betamax product Voipstunt!!
Unread 06-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
fozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneuser
Now I tried to get incoming calls with three DIDs (UK of inernetcalls, Netherlands of Voipdiscount and France of voipdiscount) using VoXaLot, but surprise!! Incomings were fine with either the "France" or "UK" plus Netherlands. Both France and UK never gets the incoming calls. Changing the voxalot SIP registration from YES to NO and again to YES switches the incoming calls to the respective DIDs. The last one with register command gets the calls. It also happened that only one DID was working (France).
Sorry but I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say?!

What works and what doesn't work?

Switching the Voxalot SIP registration between YES and NO can take a while to take effect for two reasons:

1. It takes time for the change on the Voxalot servers to occur - can be a few minutes.
2. It takes time for de-registration to occur at the VSP - it could be anything from minutes to hours, depending on registration settings.

Therefore, if you keep changing between settings and not giving time for things to 'settle down', you are going to get confusing results.