Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Hi.
Each time I got something like this, it was related in a way with NAT/STUN.

I don't know the SPA2100. Do you really need to change the port from 5060 to something else? In the different hardware I got until now, this is the smartness of the device to forward calls to correct line according to phone number (SIP uri).
And each time I tried to play with ports on a "smart" device, I got problems of that kind...

If your main router has SIP ALG feature, you don't even need STUN and won't have NAT problem, except if you change port.
If your main router is not SIP aware, then you need to forward ports (worst case) or use STUN (better).

So, since your JustVoip is playing well, I would suggest to go back with port 5060 and stun.voxalot.com. (And no port forwarding on NAT!)
If it still fails, take a look at options "handle symmetric NAT" and "optimize audio path" in your Voxalot account. (I'm pretty sure that those two options are not concerned, but anyway...)
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote