Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
heartspeace

heartspeace is on a distinguished road
Default Any phone providers actually work?

I see vonyage doesnt' seem to work and broadvoice doesnt. DO any of them work?

Which ones?

HP
heartspeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post
I see vonyage doesnt' seem to work and broadvoice doesnt. DO any of them work?

Which ones?

HP
In general the following are going to give you grief with VoXalot:

Netvoip.ch
VoipMais
BroadVoice
megafone.hu
Oriunde.com
VBuzzer
Keyyo.net

I guess I should add Vonage there too....

The issue is that most of these providers either are proprietary in the type of connection they expect (eg. Vonage may only be expecting their own softphone), or are restrictive in how they have implemented the SIP protocol...

This last part is usually the case that causes most problems...

In general when your register a SoftPhone, ATA,or your own Home Asterisk server with any provider, by default all the provider needs to do is to send calls to:

UsernameWithProvider@RegisteredIP.com

Now with services like VoXalot/SipSorcery (and PBXes to a degree), because a single (or group of) server(s) host many users, the services make use of a little part of the SIP implementation that says that the registration server can specify the 'register to' adress. VoXalot asks your providers to send all calls to

VoxalotUsername@RegisteredIP.com

The trick of course is, has the provider implemented their SIP Instance to the letter, so as to accept this request. If they have then it works, if they haven't then it doesn't.

Some providers just don't have it implemented, not because they don't want to...but because it just never crossed their mind that someone may need this feature...unfortunately getting them to patch entire servers for a single (or a few) customer(s) sometime is next to impossible.

An easy way to test if this is the only issue:
Can you make outgoing calls without registering? If you can make outgoing calls, but you can't get it registered (or worse it reports as registerd but calls do not ring in) then this is likely the issue...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

A few that I can confirm work (personal experience):
OrbTalk
Coms
Eutelia
BetaMax (as far as incoming is concerned).
CallCentric
CallWithUs
Future-Nine
LocalPhone
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
bridonca

bridonca is on a distinguished road

Here are some providers I personally use on Voxalot

VoiceNetwork.ca
Freephoneline.ca
VOIPGo.com
bridonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

And I can add:

Voiptalk
Gizmo5

and Voipfone, provided that you set its diversion to *1*010xxxxxx, *1*031xxxxxx or *1*061xxxxxx, depending on your preferred server.

Sipgate doesn't work, although if you register it in PBXes and set it an inbound route to the URI xxxxxx@voxalot.com it works a treat.

Last edited by ataboy; 12-17-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: I was repeating one that emoci had listed!
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
heartspeace

Of these that do work with this service, which provides very high quality voip that acts as a regular phone line (e.g. vonage/broadvoice similar).

I started to look at some of these but a lot are not real comforting when going to their sites (full of google ads etc). I want a reliable company - not one that is going to have to be supported by web ads.
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Callcentric is a very good choice, excellent quality and customer service ranks at the top. They are a little bit pricer than others, but if you need the customer service, it's a good choice!

The others are also very good choices quality wise -- if you're new to setting up your own thing, I'd recommend Callcentric -- you can always switch to a cheaper one once you are more accustomed to things...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
heartspeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendid View Post
Callcentric is a very good choice, excellent quality and customer service ranks at the top. They are a little bit pricer than others, but if you need the customer service, it's a good choice!

The others are also very good choices quality wise -- if you're new to setting up your own thing, I'd recommend Callcentric -- you can always switch to a cheaper one once you are more accustomed to things...
If call centric had a in-state calling plan like broadvoice I would change over to their service in a heartbeat. I dont need nor want unlimited nationwide calling. Just need in-state - and its very pricey for that.
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

How many minutes do you use a month? Might be worthwhile going to Pay as You go...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote