Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
thiagonasc

thiagonasc is on a distinguished road
Question Doubts about call connection

I have a basic account on voxalot and am interested in upgrading it so that I can forward calls. I live in Brazil and will soon move to Canada. I have registered providers to call Brazil landline and Canada landline and cell for free, e.g. 12voip, nonoh.

I would like to know, before upgrading to premium voxalot, if I purchase a Brazilian DID number and set it up in my voxalot account, and set up a forwarding call rule to use the providers that offer free calls to both countries, the call would come through to my mobile or landline number in Canada.

So a call would be like this:
call to my Brazilian number ---> voxalot ---> canadian number

So my question is, can voxalot accomplish it and would the free providers do the job?
thiagonasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagonasc View Post
I have a basic account on voxalot and am interested in upgrading it so that I can forward calls. I live in Brazil and will soon move to Canada. I have registered providers to call Brazil landline and Canada landline and cell for free, e.g. 12voip, nonoh.

I would like to know, before upgrading to premium voxalot, if I purchase a Brazilian DID number and set it up in my voxalot account, and set up a forwarding call rule to use the providers that offer free calls to both countries, the call would come through to my mobile or landline number in Canada.

So a call would be like this:
call to my Brazilian number ---> voxalot ---> canadian number

So my question is, can voxalot accomplish it and would the free providers do the job?

There is a few variables that come into play:

1) Your Brazil DID:
-From which company?
-Will you be able to forward it to VoXalot?
or
-Will you be able to register it in VoXalot?

2) Your VSPs...
12Voip/Nonoh etc. are all BetaMax providers. I don't want to generalize but they always tend to come up with a new problem. There has been reports that some BetaMax providers have trouble being used for forwarding in VoXalot ...

The trouble with Free is that it comes with a catch...

I would attempt this by involving third parties like MSS and PBXes to see if it'll work first (without incurring costs)... if it does then VoXalot is a good choice when it comes to simplicity and stability...

I also strongly suggest that you'd be better off with a provider like Future-Nine, CallWithUs or LocalPhone for forwarding instead of BetaMax (for about 1c/min you're guaranteed better reliability)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call connection doubts