Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding via ATA - Possible with Voxalot?

Hi

I have 3 Sipura devices and have never been able to get call forwarding working.

In the User Tab, I set the call forward destinations, but they never work.

I was told that my VSP (Voxalot.com) needs to send the SIP invite to the new destination. Does Voxalot support this? Can calls coming into my ATA registered to us.voxalot.com be successfully forwarded through the ATA?

Thanks

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

I am no expert on SIP, but Voxalot may require authentication when sending a call to an ATA, if so this may be causing a failure. To learn what's happening you can use a packet sniffer. I have used Ethereal to view packets related to call forwarding. Normally a forwarded ATA will respond with a packet to the effect of "temporarily moved", then the calling end will either forward the call or reply with a message saying something to the effect of "feature not supported".
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I have a phone number that isn't published, so it only receives calls from wrong number callers or telemarketers. As an exercise, I set up PSTN to VoIP forwarding with my Voxalot account being used on the device and a an outgoing (forward) to *350166@sipbroker.com -- this gives the telemarketers a nice little message and doesn't waste my time answering that phone line. The device I used was the SPA-3102. I know that is a bit different to your needs, but I thought it might be useful for some in terms of possibilities and there may be something in my set up that could help you (If I look more closely...)

Okay, here is one possible solution for you:

You can use call forwarding as a Premium user; there is no need to involve your ATA at all if you want immediate diversion. However, if you want diversion after no answer, then you might need to tinker some more or wait until another Sipura user comes along with their solution.

Hopefully at some stage, call connection (call forwarding) at Voxalot may support other options than immediate divert -- but for now this is all you can do.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote