Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 10-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #41
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

To call your Voxalot number via Sip Broker PSTN access, you don't even need a VoIP provider such as sip.justvoip.com.

Does your ATA/Sip Phone/Soft Phone have SIP registration with Voxalot? Can you successfully call voicemail at *500 and EchoTest at *600? from it?
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #42
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtjones View Post
I call a local sipbroker access number, enter *061 and my 6-digit number, and get a message saying that the personal extension is unavailable.
Try *010 and your six digit number.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #43
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

For me, at least, *010, *031, and *061 all work equally well (I'm on us.voxalot.com).
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #44
mtjones

mtjones is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both of you.

I have my justvoip redirected to a PSTN number. The idea is that anyone calling one of the Sipbroker access numbers and then my voxalot number should end up being routed to that PSTN number.

I have tried with *010 with not luck. I can get the voicemail and echo test numbers ok.

It seems the problem is in the redirection from voxalot to justvoip.
mtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

It is not clear how the call to your Voxalot account accessed from a Sipbroker Access Number is forwarded to your Mobile.
That usually requires the use of the Voxalot Call Forwarding feature which is a Premium feature.

If the main reason you are using Voxalot is to achieve a connection from a Sipbroker Access Number to your mobile, there may be other ways of achieving this, like for example forwarding directly from a provider that peers with Sipbroker to your mobile number.

Betamax brands like Justvoip (Sipbroker Code *8237) usually do not peer with Sipbroker unless something has changed.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #46
jun_j

jun_j is on a distinguished road
Default Cant access remote FXO from sipbroker using regular PSTN

Been using ....PSTN > sipbroker PSTN number > SPA FXO > PSTN... to bypass telephone calls with FWD with no problems for many years now but since FWD dissolution and *393 not working anymore bought another spa 3102 configured with voxalot with same functionality and set it up, in my old country ..both FXO gateway can be access with my ATA with no problemo ...but having difficulty overdialling the local PSTN number when I use the sipbroker PSTN access number....when I connect to the remote SPA and hear the engade tone to start the intended PSTN number to be called.. the unit(spa) sims to be NOT DETECTING the DTMF number Im hitting in the telephone dial pad.... adjusted all the parameters that could reasonably fix the problem with the SPA but no luck.........have anyone of you guys done this before ..any luck?

At first I thought the SPA setting have something to do with this ...but more and more test is pointing at the direction of the SIPbroker or voxalot somehow muffling the DTMF tone being sent to the FXO causing the SPA not to decode the numbers ....also tried sip2sip account without luck when accessing SPA via the sipbroker PSTN numbers............. any sudgestion guys???

thanks

Last edited by jun_j; 10-31-2009 at 03:19 PM.
jun_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #47
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

What codecs are you using?
The higher BW codecs (G711u or G711a, which are referenced as PCMu and PCMa in Voxalot) should work better for DTMF tone detection.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #48
jun_j

when I access the sipbroker PSTN number, I’m not using an ATA or soft phone, just a regular handset connected to the PSTN network of our local exchange carrier...I have no problem accessing the remote SPA FXO to call another country local phone number with my ATA or soft phone ,..Only trouble is when using...PSTN=sipbroker PSTN access number=remote SPA=remote local phone number.....

Before with FWD I can do all this using sipbroker PSTN number from any country but since FWD*393 disollution, having 0% success with voxalot or any other account for that matter

I’m suspecting incompatible signaling parameter " like in my home country the signaling parameter are similar with US bell core while I’m in a country with a PSTN network with a different signaling parameter like in the UK or Australia were most standard are in different with US system....OR

Sipbroker doesn’t allow you to transmit DTMF code when the called number are already connected

Last edited by jun_j; 11-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Unread 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #49
jun_j

Only solution I could think of is buy another spa 3102 set it up here and bypass sipbroker PSTN number altogether
Unread 11-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #50
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun_j View Post
when I access the sipbroker PSTN number, I’m not using an ATA or soft phone, just a regular handset connected to the PSTN network of our local exchange carrier...I have no problem accessing the remote SPA FXO to call another country local phone number with my ATA or soft phone ,..Only trouble is when using...PSTN=sipbroker PSTN access number=remote SPA=remote local phone number.....

Before with FWD I can do all this using sipbroker PSTN number from any country but since FWD*393 disollution, having 0% success with voxalot or any other account for that matter

I’m suspecting incompatible signaling parameter " like in my home country the signaling parameter are similar with US bell core while I’m in a country with a PSTN network with a different signaling parameter like in the UK or Australia were most standard are in different with US system....OR

Sipbroker doesn’t allow you to transmit DTMF code when the called number are already connected
PSTN=sipbroker PSTN access number=remote SPA (registered with VoXalot...and properly setup for NAT transversal if applicable)=remote local phone number

It seems that FWD had an easier time doing a Symmetric NAT connection than VoXalot in certain enviroments (read: restrictive ISPs)...we haven't quite figured out how yet... (see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...rver-side.html )

Last edited by emoci; 11-09-2009 at 02:37 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote