Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road
Default Simplistic dial plan issues.

Hi there. New to voxalot.

I have a very simple task.

I would like enable two outbound providers without registration that is. Gizmo5 and Webcall.com. The simple menu which asks for "begin with" doesn't work afterwords.

I'd like to dial 2 and 1 747 xxx xxxx for call out via gizmo and 2 00 x xxx xxx...for internation calling.

That simple. I can't seem to enable out bound calls via the two providers.

What should the configs be ?
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Perhaps the FAQ entry will help:

Configuring Smart Call (Dial Plan) Settings - Voxalot FAQ
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
sleek

Hi DracoFelis, thanks for replying.

I did go trough the help tutorials and FAQs and it didn't make sense in regard to what should make sense. Here is the screen shot of how simple it looks and yet something fails:

According to documentation and logical pattern when 01 is dialed voxalot is to route the query to "Gizmo" which is the proxy01.sipphone.com I've assigned pictured here:

Direct dialing to *266301 or *266300 to test calls via voxalot provides perfect results with echos and voice quality, however when dialing 01*266301 or 01*266300 presuming I am routing this call via Gizmo a female voice responds: Your call cannot be connected as dialed. Please check the number and try again.

What seems to be problem here?
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
Hi DracoFelis, thanks for replying.

I did go trough the help tutorials and FAQs and it didn't make sense in regard to what should make sense. Here is the screen shot of how simple it looks and yet something fails:

Ah, that shows me your problem.

Your problem is you are telling VoXaLot to send the entire thing you dialed, INCLUDING the prefix 01, to SIPphone/Gizmo5. This is the default behavior of a VoXaLot dial plan piece, but (in this case) you want/need VoXaLot to strip out that initial 01 (the first 2 digits) before sending the remaining digits to SIPphone/Gizmo5 (because the 01 is only for you to pick the provider in VoXaLot, and SIPPhone/Gizmo5 doesn't know what to do with that initial 01).

To strip off the first two digits you dialed (the 01 to pick that dial plan rule), you will need to use the "Advanced Settings" button/option of the dial plan edit screen. Once you are in the "Advanced" dial plan (edit) mode, change your "Replacement*" entry from "${EXTEN}" (send all digits to your provider, in this case SIPPhone/Gizmo5) to "${EXTEN:2}" (skip the first two digits, in this case the 01, and send the rest of the digits to your provider).

NOTE: The details of using the advanced dial plan settings are documented here:
Setting up a Smart Call (Dial Plan)
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
sleek

Default ?

Now that I've got most of it done, here is the current dialing plan.

As it stands, 5 tells voxalot to prefix 0035332 & use webacall for that. The question is, how do I preserve the 5 to call upon weba and add an other digit to shorten the 0035332? The syntax would read:
5(any digit) xxx-xxx...........

I'm just not sure how to modify the dialing plan to achieve this.
Unread 12-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Now that I've got most of it done, here is the current dialing plan.

As it stands, 5 tells voxalot to prefix 0035332 & use webacall for that. The question is, how do I preserve the 5 to call upon weba and add an other digit to shorten the 0035332? The syntax would read:
5(any digit) xxx-xxx...........

I'm just not sure how to modify the dialing plan to achieve this.
Is this what you're trying to achieve:

Priority 2, _52. ${EXTEN:2} Weba (52-AnyNumber becomes just AnyNumber)
Priority 3, _5. 0035332${EXTEN:1} Weba (5-AnyNumber becomes 0035332-AnyNumber)

You simply create a new rule...just make sure you arrange the priority correctly...

BTW, you may want to set ENUM Lookup to NO as you're testing the stuff
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
sleek

For very moronic reasons, in my head swirled the idea that I had to craft a dial plan with one single entry per VSP multiple dial plan variables for different purposes, that idea gave me a slew of headaches. DracoFelis made vigorous attempts to explain that to me, now it makes perfect sense and I've been able to produce the dial plan rules I desire.

Thank you emoci for this little tip and a very special thanks to DracoFelis, who has been going trough this with me via PM

I'm beginning to love Voxalot (alot)
Unread 12-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
sleek

Default cid

One side question,

What happened to the caller ID? When I set up field From User: as my Sipphone number 1747xxx-xxxx or my IPKall number the caller ID had been working fine until today. Now when I dial a US phone number with either my Gizmo5 or IPKall number as "From User" aka caller ID I get fast busy signal. When the number is removed the call goes trough, but shows as unknown caller and some people are reluctant to answer.

Can anyone elaborate?
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
One side question,

What happened to the caller ID? When I set up field From User: as my Sipphone number 1747xxx-xxxx or my IPKall number the caller ID had been working fine until today. Now when I dial a US phone number with either my Gizmo5 or IPKall number as "From User" aka caller ID I get fast busy signal. When the number is removed the call goes trough, but shows as unknown caller and some people are reluctant to answer.

Can anyone elaborate?
I assume you were setting this caller ID for calls going out with Weba (correct)?

Does Weba support this process (setting outgoing caller ID....)? I assume if it was working before with VoXalot, it should still be able to work now...

If Weba has some sort of verification process to allow you to set the Caller ID allowable check to see that it is completed properly...

Also be careful of the format you're entering in From User (eg. with BetaMax for example I need to enter 1+Number for it to work properly...)

So, all in all, the dial plan itself should not interefere with outgoing CID, has anything else changed from before, when it was working?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
sleek

Actually, Webacall won't allow placing your own Caller ID and no information is available on their web site regarding this matter. Any attempt to modify the caller ID on their server results in failed call.

I was however talking about Gizmo/Sipphone. For atleast two days I was able to place both my 1747-Gizmo5 number as well as my 206-IPKall number and they both worked as outbound caller IDs, now when call is initiated and numeric caller ID is placed, fast busy tone is returned. I suppose using IPKall number as ID might be a problem for Sipphone, but they won't even allow me to have my own number which is linked to the username, that is to say even 1747.... isn't allowed and calls fail.

I wonder what is source of the issue and how come it worked for a few days prior?

UPDATE:
After adding the "+" sign in front of 1-206-xxx-xxxx Gizmo5 now shows the CID as the IPKall number. I wonder how long will that last?

Last edited by sleek; 12-16-2008 at 03:53 PM.