Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
tmcdoniel

tmcdoniel is on a distinguished road
Question Clarification on Sipgate and Voxalot

I was hoping to be able to use Voxalot with Sipgate to having incoming phone calls forwarded to my U.S. cell phone.

Challenge 1 was just to get Sipgate to forward my inbound calls to the voxalot service. This seems a moot point now, because everything I've read says that sipgate won't do this.

Challenge 2 would be figuring out how to setup voxalot, possibly with some other service that would let me forward it to my cell phone or any other pstn phone.

Challenge 3 would be to setup the reverse so that I could also dial out using my prepaid minutes with sipgate, but that was a minor point, as I could also wait until I was back home where I had access to my SIP adapter.

So I'm presuming from what I've read that this isn't possible as a result of how Sipgate has things locked down. Are there any others services similar to voxalot that might work with sipgate?

Thank you,

Tim
tmcdoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

Hi Tim,

you better search for an alternative to Sipgate rather then to Voxalot. It is their confirmed business practise to consider any virtual PXEs as abuse and violation of their terms of service.
So even if you found an alternative to Voxalot - as soon as Sipgate gets aware of it - the service can be blocked without prior notice.

Martin
gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote