Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
keithng99

keithng99 is on a distinguished road
Post Pennytel again

I am sure this has been posted but I have been trying to search for relevant (and working for me) thread for hours with no success.

I have a voxalot basic and PennyTel as voice provider. What I need is just to make calls through WIFI from my HP IPAQ 112 (WM6). Basically I set up everything accordingly and voxalot seems to have set up one dial plan for me too but I still can't dial out. The error message I got was "this number is not valid".

I was wondering is there anything wrong, or I need to upgrade or something? But a simple search on PennyTel in this forum returns way too many threads and it seems PennyTel has tonnes of problem with Voxalot and I am not sure upgrading will make any difference, end up paying with no solution.

Can anybody help me out on this? I don't mind upgrading as long as things work in the end. Do I need to do something on my PDA or on the voxalot configuration in this website? I am totally lost here...

My dial plan shows

Priority*999
Pattern*_xxxx.
Comment Default dial plan (created by Voxalot) to handle external numbers
Replacement*${EXTEN}
Provider*PennyTel
Active*Yes
Virtual Toll Free Enabled*No
ENUM Lookup Yes
Geographic Lookup No
keithng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Someone who's using Pennytel can probably help...but the one thing to consider is the following regarding dialing format:

-How does PennyTel expect you to dial?

-Let put forward an Example:

Someone was using Engin, and when it came to dial plans, he claimed that Engin (the box they sent him) allowed him to dial all local numbers in 8 digit format.

However a look at the dial plan of the box showed that it was automatically adding a 2 digit area code to all 8 digit numbers.

Now the problem is, once you make the move to VoXalot, VoXalot takes the role of your ATA box....and you need to teach it things like automatically adding a 2 digit area code...

-So back to PennyTel...are they expecting you to dial Country Code-Area Code-Number (+61-xxxxxx) or just Area Code-Number (0xxxxx.)

-Another thing to consider, since you're using a device, are you dialing saved numbers (contacts in your phonebook)?

If numbers are being saved as +61xxx for example, it is likely what's being sent to VoXalot is 0061xxx. so you need to account for that in your dial plans..

All that said, Unless PennyTel requires SIP Registration for outgoing calls (I don't remember seeing a thread about this yet), I suggest you remain in a VoXBasic acct. until you've ironed out these issues first...

Now with some luck, someone using PennyTel can offer more advice...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
keithng99

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Someone who's using Pennytel can probably help...but the one thing to consider is the following regarding dialing format:

-How does PennyTel expect you to dial?

Now with some luck, someone using PennyTel can offer more advice...
G'day emoci!

PennyTel expects me to dial the country code + area + number. For example to dial to Sydney, I will dial 61 2 xxxxxxxx. Forgive my little dump question here, how should I dial using Voxalot?

I think the device shows that when I dial a number it automatically links it to sip:<number>.voxalot something... I am not sure if this is normal because usually if I use x-lite for example, there is no "extension" after the number. Maybe the number is not routed to PennyTel to make a call?

Any kind hearted mate from this forum willing to guide me a little here??? PLEASE???...
Unread 08-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

In that case, try to adjust your dialplan to this:

Priority*: 1
Pattern*: _xx.
Comment: PennyTel Calls
Replacement*${EXTEN}
Provider*:PennyTel
Active*: Yes
ENUM Lookup: No
Geographic Lookup: No

After you've saved, there's a Dial Plan Test Line there, enter a number you'd usually call and run a test to make sure it is being routed properly....

Then retry with the device...

BTW, make sure you are not using voxalot.com but rather au.voxalot.com as the registration proxy ....
Unread 08-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
keithng99

Quote:

BTW, make sure you are not using voxalot.com but rather au.voxalot.com as the registration proxy ....
Thanks! How do I know which registration proxy i am in? I set the preferred clusters as au.voxalot.com, is that what you mean? Or do I need to do something else?
Unread 08-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
keithng99

Quote:
In that case, try to adjust your dialplan to this:

Priority*: 1
Pattern*: _xx.
Comment: PennyTel Calls
Replacement*${EXTEN}
Provider*:PennyTel
Active*: Yes
ENUM Lookup: No
Geographic Lookup: No
tried the new settings without success still...
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithng99 View Post
tried the new settings without success still...
The Dial Test Line within VoXalot, is that routing ok...?

Also probably stupid question, but have you tried the HP device you're using with any other providers (is it only VoXalot that has a problem I mean? )

I know this is probably too much work...but try VoXalot with X-lite or Zoiper and see if you still have an issue dialing out...