Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #161
emphyrio

emphyrio is on a distinguished road
Default must agree with fla

I must agree with fla here. The temporary server outage that lasted a couple of hours does not explain the problems with Betamax, that have lasted for about a week now.

Martin's response seems a little too easy. I would have expected some Voxalot technician telling us something like "Although we did not change a thing on eu.voxalot.com, and it's some change at the Betamax server that is causing these issues, we at Voxalot are doing our best to get in contact with Betamax and resolve the issue for our customers."

What we got was "there was a temporary outage" and "we have the same difficulties reaching Betamax as their regular customers." That I can understand, but come on, Voxalot is a paid service. The least you guys can do is show us you care and you are taking some effort!

Don't take it the wrong way, I just started using Voxalot and love it's ease of use. I just think the way Voxalot is handling these issues is a little strange.
emphyrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #162
Windstorm

Windstorm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Voxalot is not very professional?

I agree, totally with the two writers before me.
Lucky i am not a paying Voxalot user.

for me it looks also quiet strange that the us server works, and the eu not. And that's not for a short period but for days and when the activity form voxalot stays like this maybe for weeks.
Can voxalot not pay there technical assistant? or didn't they invest anymore in the eu.voxalot server?
Windstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #163
hkr

hkr is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried eu.voxalot with a VoiceTrading account? Does that work?
hkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #164
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post

1) http://forum.voxalot.com/19196-post156.html -> admin response on all users questions and messages in last 24 h.
I think it is important to note that there are two seperate issues here: 1) Betamax calling not working for EU users, and 2) sporadic network issues. I was referring to the first issue (and will cover the second below).

It may not be obvious, but the way that Betamax manages their FUP policy is by IP address. The problem is that all calls from EU Voxalot users come from the same IP address (the EU server). Some time ago, Betamax changed their FUP policy to check a SIP header field in which we place the originating IP address of your ATA. This allows them to identify which users FUP should be checked.

The problem is that Voxalot's only involvement in the Betamax FUP is passing an IP address (which we continue to do). What they do with that is completely up to them. There have been a number of occasions where they are tweaking their FUP policy that have caused problems for our Voxalot users, but there is little we can do. You indicated as much yourself:

Quote:
i have analysed last threads on forum.voipbuster.com. it seams to me that betamax changed some configuration for 10 days ago. some user have in last 2-3 days "strange" problems and error messages configuring asterisk and other similar software.

Quote:
2) Service Status -> this information is good for nothing: all servers in last 72 h was "operational".
Yes, you are 100% correct. This page was not kept up-to-date to reflect the network outages on the EU server and for that I do apologize. There is little point in us having a status page, and not having it accurate.

Quote:
3) " ... Our network engineers have advised use that the EU server encountered a network outage ..."
selective network outage: only for betamax clones?
The network outage was not selective, they were two unrelated problems.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #165
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emphyrio View Post
I must agree with fla here. The temporary server outage that lasted a couple of hours does not explain the problems with Betamax, that have lasted for about a week now.
That is because they are two seperate problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emphyrio View Post
What we got was "there was a temporary outage" and "we have the same difficulties reaching Betamax as their regular customers." That I can understand, but come on, Voxalot is a paid service. The least you guys can do is show us you care and you are taking some effort!
I'll acknowledge that we didn't communicate the problem (and the fact that there were two distinct issues) very well, but the fact remains that there is virtually nothing that Voxalot can do (regarding Betamax). We do not have a magic hotline that we can call and our emails go unacknowledged. How they choose to implement their FUP is completely up to them; all we can do is pass on the IP address of the real caller and rely on them to implement their algorithm.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #166
Windstorm

Windstorm is on a distinguished road

All right,

so you blame betamax.
How do you explain that the still except call from us.voxalot.com?
Windstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #167
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstorm View Post
All right,

so you blame betamax.
How do you explain that the still except call from us.voxalot.com?
I don't think you've actually absorbed the comments above.

Voxalot say they are passing Betamax the previously agreed information. How can someone guess what policy at that end, whether deliberate or inadvertent, means the effect is different than before?
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #168
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

I suggest that we log on the voipbuster forum and voice our problems there...Betamax will hear if there are enought persons affected... I guess it is an "inadvertent" block but as they dont have any kind of cusomer service the foruim is the only way...
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #169
andrechile

andrechile is on a distinguished road

i agree.... guys help us out on the voipbuster forum
andrechile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #170
emphyrio

emphyrio is on a distinguished road
Default okay

Good suggestion, I just posted on the Voipbuster forum.

Thanks to Craig for the thoughtful response to our nagging
emphyrio is offline   Reply With Quote