Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
VoipAlot

VoipAlot is on a distinguished road

p.s. registering with voxalot to:
- mynetfone
- pennytel
VoipAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #12
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Well, caller-ID actually has two parts; the 'Display Name' and the 'User ID'. I am using the terms used in the Linksys ATA setup pages. On the receiving end of the call, 'Display Name' appears as the NAME and 'User ID' appears as the caller's number.

From your description it looks like you will be happy if only 'Display Name' is changed. I had thought Voxalot passed along whatever 'Display Name' was sent by the ATA, but then I don't really know my way around my Voxalot account that well.

Can someone please explain how to set outbound 'Display Name' in a Voxalot account, or at least how to tell Voxalot to pass along whatever the ATA sends for 'Display Name'?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #13
VoipAlot

VoipAlot is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I'm pretty sure you'll find USER ID has nothing to do with the Caller ID number.... and that it's to do with Display Name. (when changing this number when using an ATA configured for MNF or PT (mynetfone/pennytel) you can enter any number you wish, and the recieivng caller would see what ever was placed in this field, if however you place an alpha-numeric word in this field, like "John's Mobile", the receiver would actually see "John's Mobile" on their screen (depending if the phone supported that method of caller ID).

I've tested this again and it does work. User ID is required for logging in for MNF/PT.

Now if we can just set 1 number as a primary number on voxalot, and have that number as the 'caller id' instead of the DID for each account displayed when depending on which circuit takes which DID.

I hope this feature can work on Voxalot.
VoipAlot is offline   Reply With Quote