Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
edwinbradford

edwinbradford is on a distinguished road
Default SMS solutions with Voxalot

Hi all,

I heard about Voxalot on VoIPuser.org. I registered today and plan to access Voxalot on my iPhone over WiFi whilst working abroad. I think I've got the incoming part figured out which leaves me with two queries: SMS and outgoing calls.

01. Is there a way for people to send an SMS to my Voxalot number from a mobile phone? (Sorry but the search engine here won't support "SMS" as its too few characters).

02. I'm from the UK, working in Germany. I looked at the UK SIP providers listed on Voxalot and narrowed it down to LocalPhone, TruPhone and MyWebCalls. I was halfway through signing up with LocalPhone when it said they had no local access point numbers in Germany. TruPhone are much more expensive, MyWebCalls are cheap but also have no local access points.

Any factors you think would help me choose between them? I'll be making the majority of my calls via WiFi but it would be a plus to have the option of non-WiFi calls too, which was why TruPhone looked interesting because of their TruPhone Anywhere package.

Sorry if I have any facts wrong, I'm new to VOIP
edwinbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Check sipgate.de for local numbers but you can't register sipgate on voxalot but you will have to use www.pbxes.org or some other server for registration. Here in the forum are description available to do that all.

Regards.

Majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
edwinbradford

edwinbradford is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I forgot to reply straight away, I've spent all weekend reading up on VoIP. Thanks for the suggestion. Sipgate was originally my first choice until I read about their Voxalot blocking. I hadn't heard of www.pbxes.org, I'll read up on what they do.
edwinbradford is offline   Reply With Quote