Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
MET

MET is on a distinguished road
Default Can't access my SIP Broker acount, why?

I registered my SIP URI xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de. According to the provider white page this provider seems to work. As part of a test I tried now to access my SIP Broker account via the PSTN access number in Sweden. I do this test from a different country with a long distance call. After the invitation to enter the number I dial *011xxxxx#. Having done now several tests using different phones (softphones and landline), all calls ended with the busy tone. Any ideas why? Could there be a problem with the DTMF when calling from a different country?

Voip-Configuration: ATA connected to an Asterisk on a vServer. I have about a dozen different providers installed and they all work normal.

Last edited by MET; 01-19-2009 at 09:01 PM.
MET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET View Post
I registered my SIP URI xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de. According to the provider white page this provider seems to work. As part of a test I tried now to access my SIP Broker account via the PSTN access number in Sweden. I do this test from a different country with a long distance call. After the invitation to enter the number I dial *011xxxxx#. Having done now several tests using different phones (softphones and landline), all calls ended with the busy tone. Any ideas why? Could there be a problem with the DTMF when calling from a different country?

Voip-Configuration: ATA connected to an Asterisk on a vServer. I have about a dozen different providers installed and they all work normal.
Make sure you're not confusing things....

If you've got a SIP URI of xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de

and you're dialing *011yyyyy, the xxxxxx from the URI and the yyyyy have nothing to do with each other.

The yyyyy should be the alias you chose in SipBroker...

You can also try calling *7844-xxxxxx (provided xxxxxx in the URI is all numeric, you do not need any sort of registration in SipBroker to do this)

Also check the top of the SipBroker page when logged in your account at SipBroker...

eg. If I chose alias 23456, and told SipBroker I am in the US, it'll assign me 123456 and I'd have to call *011-1-23456 (it tells you at the top of the page what the exact alias should be)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
MET

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
If you've got a SIP URI of xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de

and you're dialing *011yyyyy, the xxxxxx from the URI and the yyyyy have nothing to do with each other.

The yyyyy should be the alias you chose in SipBroker...
I understand your concern. In both cases the Xs were however only used to hide the real content and replaced in one case the simply-connect account and in the other the full SIP Broker alias as shown in the account details. At the PSTN access number I dialled before the SIP Broker alias '*' and at the end of it '#'. (In order to avoid an other possible confusion: I dialled only one '*'.) I hope it's clear now.
Unread 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
MET

I tried now with yet an other phone and with this it worked.
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET View Post
I tried now with yet an other phone and with this it worked.
There could be an access number issue (this would not be a first). Could you post which access numbers it is and is not working with...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
MET

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Could you post which access numbers it is and is not working with...
The tests were done with your access number in Sweden.

It didn't work when trying:
------------------------
(I hope to remember all the tests I did correctly.)

A) connecting the Asterisk to xxxxxx@iax.simply-connect.de and registering at SIP Broker the SIP URI xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de This seems however to be a simply-connect issue.

B) connecting the Asterisk to xxxxxx@sip.simply-connect.de
calling the access no with
B1) iaxLite and VoipJET
B2) X-Lite 2.0 and Sipgate.de
B3) Zoiper Biz and VoipJET or Sipgate.de
B4) Fax-Tel. (land line)
Note: I verified beforehand that the asterisk was correct registered to simply-connect (sip show registry).

Test was successful with:
------------------------
In order to try to make the test call with the phone behind the ata (connected to the asterisk) I removed simply-connect from the asterisk and registered to simply-connect with the Zoiper Biz softphone. I called now the access no via ata-asterisk-sipgate.de. In this configuration the softphone (connected to simply-connect) did ring.

I hope this information is of some use to you.