Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrivisser View Post
I think Betamax blocks all calls (also the charged calls) when the FUP is reached. At least when using callforwarding with Voxalot. That was also the case before the eu server was "patched" a couple of months ago. It is strange they do this, but it's also strange they block free calls when the FUP is reached. When using Betamax directly for making calls they charge something for each minute when the FUP is reached. They can do this also with voxalot-callforwarding.

Don't say anything bad about United Mobile I love it too much.

I tried forwarding to several other (non United Mobile) mobile and home phonenumbers. It doesn't work. All I get is a fast beep beep beep (busy tone).

It also doesn't help me

I have a UM+ card, depending on where I've been, it's been really good, or unreachable

All the above said, have you tried Build your service plan yourself for UM+

Does it work if you call through a SipBroker Access Number instead of your DID?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #22

130166 is on a distinguished road

[quote=emoci;14126
Does it work if you call through a SipBroker Access Number instead of your DID?[/QUOTE]

I have not tried this. But as told earlyer, I have tried with almost forgotten (but still registered in PBXes DID).
It seems only with Budgetphone.nl DID callforward with betamax fail.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #23
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
I have a UM+ card, depending on where I've been, it's been really good, or unreachable
It helps if you manually select the network when you are in a country. Also for receiving sms messages it's better to stay on the same network.

Quote:
All the above said, have you tried <callwithus> for UM+.
I didn't try it before (never heard of them before). I registered, paid $5, and it works. A little bit. First it takes about 30 seconds to make the connection to my United Mobile number. Call quality is really very bad. I talk in one phone and 3 seconds later I hear myself on the other phone. With lots (too much) of noise.

Quote:
Does it work if you call through a SipBroker Access Number instead of your DID?
I still have a US phonenumber with talkdigits. This phonenumber is forwarded to 271171@eu.voxalot.com. I let Voxalot forward all calls with voipcheap (Betamax) to United Mobile and it works perfectly. I can call the US number and a couple of seconds later my United Mobile phone rings.

But all this shows one thing. It is possible to forward from a budgetphone DID to United Mobile with another (not Betamax) provider. It is possible to forward from another (not budgetphone) DID provider to United Mobile with voipcheap (Betamax).

The conclusion for me is that there's no problem with Budgetphone, not with Voxalot, not with United Mobile and not with Voipcheap (Betamax). It's the combination Budgetphone/Voxalot/Voipcheap. And probably it's the Budgetphone IP exceeding the Voipcheap FUP.

Lets do something with that stupid IP

I was thinking... I can ofcourse forward my Budgetphone DID number with voxalot/callwithus to the US talkdigits phonenumber. This US phonenumber is forwarded to 271171@ex.voxalot.com. Than I can forward that call with voipcheap to the United Mobile number. I am curious. I will try tomorrow if I can get that to work

Last edited by dimitrivisser; 11-15-2007 at 10:17 PM.
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #24
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

ive got the same problem... im forwarding my did (the provider is registered) to my cell, but for some days, instead of forwarding the call goes straight to the voicebox of my provider - like the call is dropped....

i could pm you my user number...
thx
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #25
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

The thing with betamax is that the FUP constantly changes and is not clearly defined. I know that on some of the newest offerings such as voipraider free calls do not apply when using SIP; only when calls are made from the softphone application(and than only if you enter the name and number in the phone book before you call.) On some of the other betamax services free calls to certain destinations such as turkey can only be made from softphone or via callback and not from SIP. I can only think that their past records show that SIP users are heavy users and therefore not profitable; or that they mix and match services in such a way that they only use free minutes.

I have been surprised that betamax services have worked this long with call forwarding. It is pretty standard industry policy that free(or unlimited) calling plans can not be used for call forwarding or an sort of automated purpose. It could be that betamax has identified the IP's of DID providers are excluding those IP's for use within the FUP. Well this is all just speculation. Hopefully this will get cleared up.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #26
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Do some of these problems still happen ifthese DIDs are forwarded direct to the provider SIP address rather than via Voxalot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrivisser View Post
Do you know other providers which I can use to forward calls to a +44 UK/Jersey mobile phonenumber ?
D
JustVoip is 6.5 cents at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
It could be that betamax has identified the IP's of DID providers are excluding those IP's for use within the FUP. Well this is all just speculation.
Well, not for ones that I can see
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #27
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Andy.

If I am not mistaken justvoip does not support SIP; and so not usable for call forwarding.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
dimitrivisser

Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
The thing with betamax is that the FUP constantly changes and is not clearly defined.
I have to disagree with this. For voipbuster and voipcheap the FUP didn't change for a very long time. It's also clearly explained on their website:

Registered users get max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address.

So if Voxalot uses the IP of the DID provider to register with voipbuster/voipcheap the FUP is 300 minutes a week devided by the number of Voxalot users using the same DID provider.

Quote:
It is pretty standard industry policy that free(or unlimited) calling plans can not be used for call forwarding or an sort of automated purpose.
There is no free/unlimited calling with voipbuster and voipcheap. And the number I use to forward my calls to is also not free.
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #29
dimitrivisser

Quote:
JustVoip is 6.5 cents at the moment
Justvoip is also Betamax. They will probably use the same way to block calls if the FUP has been reached.
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #30
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

I don't make a habit of posting false information

The Betamax FUP has not changed for over a year.

Notwithstanding Martin's comments above about the DID provider's IP address being the only one available ...

... I don't quite understand if people think someone has diagnosed that the IP address of the DID provider is indeed being analysed by Betamax fair use policy conditions, or if this has just been assumed rather easily to be the only possibility.

I doubt it myself, as I have had no problems, and I know that plenty of people in the UK are using this same provider. And I have seen no complaints on certain forums that calls are either not working or being charged.

I can't see any blocking of call forwarding either. This comment applies to my DIDs forwarded direct to Voipcheap or Voipbuster accounts, even with calls on the VC account forwarded via a DID and answered on the VB account. Likewise, calling to a DID forwarded to my Voxalot account, which I forwarded just at the moment using Voipcheap as provider to the DID pointed at the Voipbuster account, I have no problems.

And all these forwarded calls, either direct from the VC account or using VC in Voxalot, were free of charge in the VC account, not charged 1 cent a minute as some have suggested above, so is clearly still qualifying under the FUP.

Also, I haven't seen any comments surface yet on the Voipbuster forum about call forwarding problems with Budgetphone DIDs to Betamax accounts.

So I think that there is something else happening, rather than a Betamax FUP condition on DID suppliers. Or if there is, it doesn't apply to all.

As for call forwarding using JustVoip to my mobile, I don't wish to argue with people who suggest I am making this up, but I have been doing this for months. Just point a DID at the SIP address. Although there is (or was?) apparently no support for SIP registering for outgoing calls with JV, this particular trait has worked from the beginning. Or as someone suggested months ago, forward another Betamax account to the JV username

Also, why people are suggesting that call forwarding to chargeable destinations will be blocked by Betamax when a fair use policy is reached which does not even apply to such calls, I have no idea whatsoever.

I'm sorry I can't help with the problems that some people are having, but can we have a bit less guesswork and other issues please?
andy is offline   Reply With Quote