Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-12-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
jakek

jakek is on a distinguished road
Default Transparent Voxalot Integration Question

I have been with Callcentric for over a year or so and love them. Recently, I purchased a Linksys WIP330 and have an existing Linksys PAP2T for my home phone.

I reason I have turned to Voxalot is because of ENUM lookup and but most of all so I can register all of my SIP devices and have them ring simultaneously.

My goal is to use Voxalot transparently to handle the multiple SIP registrations. I still want to use Callcentric for their voice messaging and call handling features.

My question is if I sign up for a premium account with Voxalot, (so I can register directly with Callcentric instead of using Callcentric’s SIP forwarding):

- Will Callcentric voicemail still work, (i.e. with an incoming call after ‘ringing’ Voxalot for 25 seconds will it go to my Callcentric voice mail?)

- Can I dial Callcentric’s internal registered voice mail access code *123 even though my phones are registered with Voxalot?

- Also, will the MWI signal carry through Voxalot to my phone when I have a voice mail on Callcentric?

Lastly, has anyone had luck with using Callcentric and turning off ‘symmetric NAT handling' and enabling ‘Optimized Audio Path.’ If I understand correctly with these settings my RTP packets will bypass Voxalot all together and Voxalot will only handle SIP traffic? Is this just a problem with my router/firewall configuration? (I have a ASUS 500G v2 running DD-WRT)

Thanks for your help.
jakek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Based on the last time I checked, Callcentric does not register in Voxalot.
It simply behaves as though it was forwarded even when set to register in the provider set-up.

Not sure how the Callcentric Voicemail would behave when set to register. I'll try to test over the week-end.

Calling the Voicemail (dialing *123) using Callcentric as the provider should work, but you would have to set up a Dial plan entry to handle that.

The Callcentric MWI will not carry to Voxalot as far as I understand how Voxalot works. The MWI message is only valid for Voxalot voicemail.

Not sure about the last question, but I do use Voxalot with ‘symmetric NAT handling' set to off.

Various people have had issues with multiple SIP devices registerd to the same Voxalot account. My experience is that it can work reliably for 1 or 2 SIP devices running behind the same firewall. For more than 2 devices or devices running on different IPs, the voicepath may not be established reliably, though the devices do in fact register.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #3
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Last time I checked, Callcentric's SIP registrar would not allow registration for much longer than 60 seconds. If this is still true then the SIP user agent must register every 60 seconds in order to be available for calls coming from Callcentric.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
ladude626

ladude626 is on a distinguished road

I'm using DID forwarding with Callcentric and it works well. No need to pay for a premium account just to have you callcentric account register with Voxalot. You can still access your voicemail and other directory services by setting your dial plan to dial all calls with a "*" by callcentric. I also set 911 calls to be dial by callcentric and put it at the top of my dial plan.
ladude626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
kurun

I am using a Callcentric DID in forwarded mode to my Voxalot acciunt.

I also have an ATA registering to my Callcentric account with an expiration time of 3 minutes. It seems to hold registration with no problem.

The ATA is connected to a FAX machine, and Callcentric support insisted I should set it to register for reliable faxing.
I had this set up quite a while ago, and I'd forgotten the actual details.
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
jakek

jakek is on a distinguished road

How do you forward your calls to Voxalot from Callcentric? Do you use a 'call treatment' or do you set it up under preferences -> DID Forwarding? Also do you use us.voxalot.com or the IP address?

Lastly do use Voxalot's voicemail or do you use Callcentric's? If you use Callcentric's how does it work? When I have tried to forward calls to Voxalot Callcentric does not seem to send calls to voicemail after 30 seconds it just keeps ringing Voxalot.

Last edited by jakek; 02-27-2009 at 05:30 AM.
jakek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
kurun

My DID forwarding is set up to the Default "SIP Device" under the Preferences\DID Forwarding Tab in the Callcentric Account.

I use the Call Treatments set-up to "Redirect Call to" and select "This Number", and enter in the format "xxxxxx@voxalot.com"

You can set up Redirection by time of day, incoming number, number called, etc.