Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot & Pbxes Calls

Is any body using voxalot in Pbxes, seems there is problem Pbxes blocking Voxalot. Calls can no more be initiated using voxalot account.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Hmmm....just used it last night without issues....keep in mind there was that VoXalot downtime that's now been resolved
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

Just wondering, is it only at my account or is it standard that pbxes.com trunks account shows your password on login. This is very strange for me, can someone tell me if this is normal ?
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezad View Post
Just wondering, is it only at my account or is it standard that pbxes.com trunks account shows your password on login. This is very strange for me, can someone tell me if this is normal ?
You mean the password for the trunk is visible as you edit it (not displayed with asterisks)....it's the same thing for me.

Except for the fact that it's not very nice when you gotta do things in public places,this is not too bad,especially when it comes to ensuring you have the right User/Pass typed in.
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
shezad

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
You mean the password for the trunk is visible as you edit it (not displayed with asterisks)....it's the same thing for me.

Except for the fact that it's not very nice when you gotta do things in public places,this is not too bad,especially when it comes to ensuring you have the right User/Pass typed in.
yes thats true, its very bad if someone got your password for pbxes then they also got all your providers password

Anyone know why they do it like that ? Are pbxes proffessional people,that you can count on ?

Im also wondering if any one else using voipbuster with pbxes ? Im new at using it but when i tried to call out with voipbuster with pbxes on my voipbuster recent calls report it shows FUP exceeded and the free call is beeing charged Anyone getting the calls for free without FUP exceeded with any of Betamax products ?

Last edited by shezad; 10-24-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
emoci

Quote:
yes thats true, its very bad if someone got your password for pbxes then they also got all your providers password

Anyone know why they do it like that ? Are pbxes proffessional people,that you can count on ?

Im also wondering if any one else using voipbuster with pbxes ? Im new at using it but when i tried to call out with voipbuster with pbxes on my voipbuster recent calls report it shows FUP exceeded and the free call is beeing charged Anyone getting the calls for free without FUP exceeded with any of Betamax products ?
I have not had any problems using InternetCalls with them (no FUP charged calls so far), but some people have reported issues with FUP with some of the other BetaMax providers, which comes from the fact that betamax limits 300min/week/ per IP, not per account.... The FUP is one of the drawbacks of using a more popular provider that other PBXes users are also using.

One thing to try, is to add VoipBuster in VoXalot and add VoXalot as a trunk in PBXes, rather than VoipBuster directly (it may or may not help).....

As for why they they leave the passwords unprotected, it may be more of an Asterisk thing (when I was playing with Trixbox on VMWare running on windows, I remember trunk registrations look exactly the same as they do on PBXes (and no protection for password there either).

As for how serious they are, well they've been around a while, although they are not quite as easy to get in touch as VoXalot (especially if you are a free user)...
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #7
shezad

Quote:
I have not had any problems using InternetCalls with them (no FUP charged calls so far), but some people have reported issues with FUP with some of the other BetaMax providers, which comes from the fact that betamax limits 300min/week/ per IP, not per account.... The FUP is one of the drawbacks of using a more popular provider that other PBXes users are also using.

One thing to try, is to add VoipBuster in VoXalot and add VoXalot as a trunk in PBXes, rather than VoipBuster directly (it may or may not help).....

As for why they they leave the passwords unprotected, it may be more of an Asterisk thing (when I was playing with Trixbox on VMWare running on windows, I remember trunk registrations look exactly the same as they do on PBXes (and no protection for password there either).

As for how serious they are, well they've been around a while, although they are not quite as easy to get in touch as VoXalot (especially if you are a free user)...
Thanks for your reply

I tried to make a call first with pbxes with outbound routing true voxalot account, then the voipbuster account charged me for the free call (FUP) Then i tried to call direct with voxalot account with the same voipbuster account then voipbuster gave me the free call for free. I tried it 3 different times all the time i tried to call with pbxes with voxalot as trunk i got charged, but witout pbxes was free

I thought this was very strange, but have not figured it out why, am i doing something wrong or just not my luck

I also tried it with another betamax product VoipDiscount | Free Calls and SMS same problem there also

regards shezad

Last edited by shezad; 10-24-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
emoci

Quote:
Thanks for your reply

I tried to make a call first with pbxes with outbound routing true voxalot account, then the voipbuster account charged me for the free call (FUP) Then i tried to call direct with voxalot account with the same voipbuster account then voipbuster gave me the free call for free. I tried it 3 different times all the time i tried to call with pbxes with voxalot as trunk i got charged, but witout pbxes was free

I thought this was very strange, but have not figured it out why, am i doing something wrong or just not my luck

I also tried it with another betamax product VoipDiscount | Free Calls and SMS same problem there also

regards shezad
Interesting....

Does it charge you FUP when you are using VoXalot directly on your ATA/SoftPhone (not through PBXes at all).....

Are you registering the VoXalot trunk on PBXes, or selecting "No, just outbound calls" option?

I know this much (I hope I am right): Since the issue with BetaMax a while back, VoXalot resolved the problem by passing on the IP of the device making the call (the one where VoXalot is registered) rather than the VoXalot IP.... The whole issue with FUP is which IP is being sent through to VoipBuster (if a shared IP like that for PBXes or VoXalot is sent, it is more likely to end up with FUP)

I've had no problems calling with InternetCalls directly through PBXes (InternetCalls as a trunk) or directly through VoXalot (InternetCalls in VoXalot and ATA registered to VoXalot), but I have not tried calling using PBXes with a VoXalot trunk, which in turn has InternetCalls configured on it (will try later today when I get a chance)
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
shezad

Quote:
Interesting....

Does it charge you FUP when you are using VoXalot directly on your ATA/SoftPhone (not through PBXes at all).....

Are you registering the VoXalot trunk on PBXes, or selecting "No, just outbound calls" option?

I know this much (I hope I am right): Since the issue with BetaMax a while back, VoXalot resolved the problem by passing on the IP of the device making the call (the one where VoXalot is registered) rather than the VoXalot IP.... The whole issue with FUP is which IP is being sent through to VoipBuster (if a shared IP like that for PBXes or VoXalot is sent, it is more likely to end up with FUP)

I've had no problems calling with InternetCalls directly through PBXes (InternetCalls as a trunk) or directly through VoXalot (InternetCalls in VoXalot and ATA registered to VoXalot), but I have not tried calling using PBXes with a VoXalot trunk, which in turn has InternetCalls configured on it (will try later today when I get a chance)
I had voxalot account registered on inbound and outbound calls true pbxes. I have not tried to call out witout registered with voxalot, yet.

I have to try later to see if it will charge me when im connected direct to voipbuster with my grandstream adapter. But lik i said before when my grandstream adapter is registered with my voxalot account then the calls are free to use, it only cost me money when im using www.pbxes.com

Im still looking for the solution