Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-27-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
sip2

sip2 is on a distinguished road
Default Calls got dropped within 30 seconds

A IPKALL number is forwarded to Voxalot. Used X-lite or Asterisk to register to Voxalot. Inbound calls to this IPKALL number were dropped around 30 seconds. If the number was forwarded to other SIP URI, the unexpected disconnection problem was gone. So it is a Voxalot problem.

Another failure scenario is Wengo. When Wengo was used as a provider in Voxalot, outbound calls via Wengo got dropped within 30 seconds. No this problem if this Wengo account was registered directly. Noticed that Wengo prefer codecs, such as ilbc and g729.

No sure if Voxalot is using Asterisk as its real VOIP PBX. If yes, it may be the Asterisk problem. I encountered the similar scenarios when using some latest versions (1.2.14, 1.2.15, 1.4.0) in my lab.
sip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default Calls got dropped within 30 seconds

Had a similar problem in the past. I was using SJ softphone, and it would come back with a message of "Waiting acknowledgement" and "Acknowledgement timeout". The problem went away when I added port forwarding on my router to the computer's IP address.
I believe Xten lite does not give as much diagnostic information when it is setting up a call.

Last edited by kurun; 02-27-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote