Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
PaulC

PaulC is on a distinguished road
Default five providers all 'failed'?

I have five providers set up (freespeech, freedigits, sipgate, two sipphone). They had been working fine, but I logged in to do some other configuration, and noticed all were marked 'failed'.

I 'edited' them all, to trigger them to be re-registered. Ten minutes later, the freedigits and two sipphone accounts are now 'registered' again. But freespeech and sipgate are still 'request sent'.

Is there a known problem keeping providers registered? I'm concerned that manual intervention seemed necessary in this case. Last thing I want to be doing is having to regularly check that my providers are still registered.

I realize that it's not entirely under voxalot's control. Perhaps you should consider sendng email alerts to the account holder if voxalot encounters a problem re-registering a provider?

Paul
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Paul,

sipgate appears to not be working with voxalot. There is a thread in this forum discussing this.

New registration failure logic is in the development pipeline and will send failure notifications similar to your suggestion.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
rec9140

rec9140 is on a distinguished road
Default freespech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
I have five providers set up (freespeech, freedigits, sipgate, two sipphone). They had been working fine, but I logged in to do some other configuration, and noticed all were marked 'failed'.
Was this for the freespeech.co.uk and freespeech.ie ?

How did you get them to work to start with?

I've tried all sorts of settings with them and none ever registered always failed from day one for me.

Please advise on what you have configured in case they start to work again.

Thanks
rec9140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

We are currently in talks with freespeech about the interoperability of their services with voxalot. We will post here once a conclusion is reached.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
PaulC

Come to think of it, I may not have voxalot successfully registered with freespeech previously. Sorry if I misspoke. It's been a while since I set things up.

On the other hand, sipgate has definitely worked for me in the past. That's the primary way I talk with my parents, albeit infrequently. I'll go read the other thread, Would explain the emails complaining that they 'can't get hold of me'.

Paul
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

You can try this workaround:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
goshinguy

goshinguy is on a distinguished road

I did manage to register freespeech.ie a couple of months ago until recently. Maybe it was last week when I realized that it was marked failed.

I could be either freespeech is blocking voxalot or something is not working right.

I will be pleased if you can workout something with freespeech like Martin has mentioned above.

Thank you.
goshinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
PaulC

I've taken the 'easy' ::cough:: way out, and set up an Asterisk server at home. I'm no longer using voxalot for day-to-day calls, as much as I like the service.

On a somewhat related note: someone badly needs to define a standard for clients to automatically configure the sip/iax info needed to communicate with a voip provider. It's bad enough that every provider is different, it's completely insane that it's a completely manual, often trial-and-error process to get a connection working.

I should be able to point my end at a configuration server at the voip provider, provide my account name and password, and the two should just sort it out between themselves.

Paul
Unread 06-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
ColinW

ColinW is on a distinguished road
Default freespeech and sipgate

I can confirm that freespeech.ie has been working for me as a provider in Voxalot for many months. It stopped working today, and went failed. This is my main phone number on which all my friends and family call me. I have deleted and recreated the provider several times - no joy. I use my Sipgate number for incoming calls much less often so I dont know when it stopped working but I know it was working in April - also after many months of full normal operation. What has changed and when will this be fixed?

I have also posted this to the Freespeech Forum: freespeech VOIP forum :: General :: Voxalot

Could whoever is responsible for the issue please resolve it rapidly so that I (and no doubt others in my predicament) can once again receive incoming calls as I had been doing for all these months up until this morning?...

Martin, your message about the talks with Freespeech is somewhat old now (23/05/2007) - could we have an updated please?

Last edited by ColinW; 06-08-2007 at 05:54 AM.
ColinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #10
ColinW

ColinW is on a distinguished road

Please see update to Freespeech forum in which Voxalot is accused of fraudulent activities

freespeech VOIP forum :: General :: Voxalot

Martin, could you please get actively involved here?

Edit by Martin: It is important to note that freespeech are not accusing voxalot of fraudulent activities here.

Last edited by martin; 06-09-2007 at 12:21 AM.
ColinW is offline   Reply With Quote