Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
rolfey

rolfey is on a distinguished road
Default Grandstream 286 + voipcheap + inbound no

Hi,

I am struggling to see if it's possible to use voipcheap.com to ring out via the grandstream 286 ATA, and use Sipbroker to point inobound calls to my sip address?

unlike a lot of other sip providers that have inbound numbers, voipcheap is
sip:username@voipcheap.com rather than an actual number@sipprovider.com.

I am beginning to wonder if it can actually be done? I would use another provider other than voipcheap, but I can't find the same deal anywhere to be honest, stick to landline calls and it's a tenner for 3 months, no one else beats that really.

I am thinking of getting myself a voip mobile as I work a lot in London (wifi all over the place) so I would need to have an inbound number, I don't mind paying a one off charge, but no way am I going to do a per minute, or monthy charge, that would completely defeat the object of saving money with VOIP.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some idea if this can be done with voipcheap.com.

Mike
rolfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Kris404

Kris404 is on a distinguished road

As far as know, no Betamax products support incoming SIP calls from other providers. Inbound is only via the PSTN route or peers.

The only way I see it is to register the said VoIPCheap account on a VoXalot or MySIPSwitch account and register the 286 to that account. This way, your incoming calls to VoIPCheap would reach your ATA as well as through SIPBroker. Outbound could be through a dialplan. If you don't even need the VoIPCheap peer calls, you would not even need to register that account but use it as a pure outbound provider.

Kris
Kris404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
rolfey

hmm,

well it is pstn calls that I want to reach the voipcheap account.
I am not sure what I have to do to configure this with sipbroker though, would you be able to offer some guidence?

Mike
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfey View Post
hmm,

well it is pstn calls that I want to reach the voipcheap account.
I am not sure what I have to do to configure this with sipbroker though, would you be able to offer some guidence?

Mike
The idea is this:

Register your ATA with VoXalot (or your Mobile VoIP, though this may be trickier)
Configure VoipCheap in VoXalot such that you can make outgoing calls (you don't even need a SIP Registration)

Now have the company that's offering you the DID number, send calls to 123456@voxalot.com (where 123456 is your VoXalot number, you can also try using 123456@xx.voxalot.com where xx is us, eu or au, depending on the server cluster)

So now:

Outgoing Calls:

VoXalot will send your outgoing calls to VoipCheap, so you still use VoipCheap to make calls

Incoming Calls:

Via Sip Uri: If someone calls 123456@voxalot.com they'll reach you
Via PSTN, your own DID: If you get a DID number, and have the DID provider point it to 123456@voxalot.com, then anyone calling your number will also reach you
Via PSTN, using SipBroker Access Numbers: If someone calls a SipBroker Access Number, then enters extension *010123456 (123456 replaced with your VoXalot number) they'll ring you as well

All you need to get started is a (1) Free VoXalot account, (2) VoipCheap Details, (3) Your ATA/SoftPhone/MobilePhone registered with your VoXalot account

Hope that helps....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
rolfey

Ahh thanks,

I was wondering how I was supposed to be registered to both voipcheap and Voxalot at the same time, I understand now, I register the ata to Voxalot and Voxalot will route the outgoing calls to voipcheap.com.

thank you very much for your help

Mike
Unread 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
rolfey

Ok,

I have the most of all that sorted now, outgoing calls all work, not sure of the vioce quality yet as it's late now,

As far as the inbound number goes, I used to have an account with Babble, and I purchased an inbound number there, I still have that account, it's actually still active. Is there a way to add my old Babble account to Voxalot, and will it direct the inbound call?

Mike
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Kris404

Kris404 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfey View Post
Ok,

I have the most of all that sorted now, outgoing calls all work, not sure of the vioce quality yet as it's late now,

As far as the inbound number goes, I used to have an account with Babble, and I purchased an inbound number there, I still have that account, it's actually still active. Is there a way to add my old Babble account to Voxalot, and will it direct the inbound call?

Mike
Login to your Babble account and check if they have free SIP call forwarding. If they do, then it is as simple as putting a call forward to sip:xxxx@voxalot.com. If not, you can register the Babble account in VoXalot but have to buy a VoXalot package since registering for inbound calls from other VoIP accounts is not free.

Kris
Kris404 is offline   Reply With Quote