Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
haceaton

haceaton is on a distinguished road
Unhappy outbound calls being cut-off

Within the last couple of days my outbound calls have started getting cut off after a short time, 30 to 140 seconds. Inbound calls are not affected. If I place an outbound call as a SIP call using voxalot as the provider, it does not get cut-off. I have two providers, callcentric.com and voip.ms. All calls placed through either of them are having the cut off problem. Neither is SIP registered in my provider list but I'm about to try registering callcentric to see if that makes a difference (presently I'm waiting for the "pending" status to go away which seems to take quite a long time).

Both providers worked fine for outbound calls a few days ago.

On my end, I instantly get a busy tone when the call is cut off. The recipient of the call seems to not know the call is dead for some time.

Any ideas?
haceaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
haceaton

Unhappy registration didn't make a difference

The status finally changed from "pending" to "-" (I thought it was supposed to say "registered") but callcentric.com reports that I'm registered.

It didn't make any difference; outbound calls are still axed after a short time (typically 90 seconds).

I'm using us.voxalot.com as the proxy; another user posted recently that it was having problems so maybe this is related.
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haceaton View Post
The status finally changed from "pending" to "-" (I thought it was supposed to say "registered") but callcentric.com reports that I'm registered.

It didn't make any difference; outbound calls are still axed after a short time (typically 90 seconds).

I'm using us.voxalot.com as the proxy; another user posted recently that it was having problems so maybe this is related.
Please PM your 6 digit Voxalot account number.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
haceaton

Smile Got it working

I changed several things so I'm not sure exactly which one did the trick.

Martin suggested turning off the "Optimize Audio Path" setting for the providers as well as changing the port number for callcentric.com to 5080. I think it's possible that I turned on the "optimize audio path" around the time that problems developed, but I didn't notice right away because I mostly had inbound calls after the change which worked right.

Other changes I made were to change my ATA to have only 729A, ulaw and alaw as the preffered codecs and also set those as the only codecs for all my providers (since these are the ones common to all).

Anyway it's working now. Thank Martin.