Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
rajtp

rajtp is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent and 2nd time - Registration to callcentric

Guys

This is the second time this problem has re-occurred in ref to registration from Callcentric
Earlier thread - http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...llcentric.html

I didn't change anything at all. My SPA3102 shows registered and all calls to voxalot numbers go through fine. Outgoing calls through callcentric are fine too but incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Under Reg status for callcentric, there's just a -

Last time, I resolved it by changing reg status to inactive, back active and it turned on. But I want someone from Voxalot support to see why my reg status is stuck at a -

Can someone please help??????
rajtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can set up Callcentric to forward the calls to your Voxalot account, using the Call Treatment feature. In that situation, the status of registration is not important.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
rajtp

Can you give me the syntax to do so? Is it sip:voxalotaccount@voxalot.com

Also would still appreciate some feedback on why this is occuring? I'm a premium member with voxalot and the service used to be much better
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
kurun

My suggestion is to NOT register your Callcentric account to be able to make use of the Callcentric features :

1) Reliable Forwarding independent of registration status
2) Time based forwarding if required
3) Simultaneous Forwarding to multiple destinations
4) Sequential Forwarding (Hunting) based on rules
5) Excellent call record history
6) Call screening based on incoming Phone Number or lack of number (anonymous calls)

The correct forwarding syntax is simply xxxxxx@voxalot.com
Outgoing calls via Callcetric are not affected.
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
rajtp

Karun

Call treatments have messed up everything in my dial plan and are a mess which I rather stay away from

One question for you - Is Voxalot confident of getting registrations to work well? I have a perfectly good internet connection and never lose my registration to Voxalot. If my SIP adaptor would lose, I'll get a log alert sent out to my email address. Why do you guys then lose and fail to register with Callcentric? Is Callcentric the problem or Voxalot? If you tell me it's callcentric, please send me what needs to be changed on their side and I can take it up with them

If Voxalot is the issue, do you plan to fix the issue or NOT? I hate to say this but for the first time, I'm having to look at other services which is hard since I've been a big Voxalot fan since Day 1
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #6
rajtp

Karun

This has also broken my voicemail. When using forwarding, it doesn't seem possible to continue using my Callcentric voicemail. Voxalot voicemail is not feature rich and does not even have a text-alerting functionality to my cell when I get a VM
Unread 05-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
kurun

I registered my Callcentric account in Voxalot, and it shows as registered in the Callcentric "Dashboard" view, although it shows as "-" in the Voxalot Provider list.

I do not think that this is a Voxalot issue, as Voxalot is reporting the registration status as received from the provider.

From the Callcentric Dashboard record, it appears that the registration is working correctly in Voxalot.

The Callcentric Voicemail will not be active if the Callcentric calls are forwarded.

If the Call treatments are set up in a logical manner in the Callcentric account, they do seem to work quite well.

As far as I can see on the Callcentric setup, the Voicemail alerts are sent as email not as text messages.

If you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve, perhaps there is a workaround your issue.
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
I registered my Callcentric account in Voxalot, and it shows as registered in the Callcentric "Dashboard" view, although it shows as "-" in the Voxalot Provider list..
This has been happening to me for years. Callcentric never shows up as registered in Voxalot, even when it is. You will see "pending," then --. It does work, but as you discovered the only way to find out if the registration is in effect is to check the callcentric dashboard.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote