Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
agsteele

agsteele is on a distinguished road
Angry

Just discovered this announcement and apart from my disappointment with the news, I'm even more upset that I haven't had any direct communication. As a premium subscriber I'd expect at least an Email to tell me that things are changing. And I lose nearly six-months subscription payment.

Overall annoyed rather than just disappointed

Andrew
agsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Emails were definitely sent. I suggest you check the email address in your account and then if it is right, see if somehow the message went to a spam folder.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
rarv

rarv is on a distinguished road

Unfortunate news indeed. I was just starting to get my head around some it's cool features.
In particular, using recieving calls to my inum which came along with the Voxalot subscription.

Will our Voxalot Inum disappear along with the service? Or will they remain along with SIPBroker?

Ravi
rarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #24
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarv View Post
Unfortunate news indeed. I was just starting to get my head around some it's cool features.
In particular, using recieving calls to my inum which came along with the Voxalot subscription.

Will our Voxalot Inum disappear along with the service? Or will they remain along with SIPBroker?

Ravi
Good question. With the exception of iNum I've now managed to reproduce nearly everything on SIPSorcery that I had on Voxalot - provider selection by code or by prefix, inbound termination, Google Voice, call forward etc. Voicemail would be good, but I let another provider take care of that.

On the other hand, I get quite a few calls to my Voxalot id via Sipbroker. If that stays (and we keep iNum too) I'll be a happy bunny.

EDIT: on seconds thoughts, how would that work? If Voxalot's not in operation, we couldn't register our accounts, could we?

Last edited by ataboy; 11-21-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: New thoughts
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #25
rarv

rarv is on a distinguished road

That's what I was thinking. Even if we were somehow able to keep our iNums, there would be no way to use it as it is connected to our accounts, which will no longer exist.

I guess it's no problem though, I found out there are several providers which give free iNums. I just registered with Callcentric, which lets you forward calls to your iNum to a SIP address.. just what I needed
rarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #26
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
On the other hand, I get quite a few calls to my Voxalot id via Sipbroker. If that stays (and we keep iNum too) I'll be a happy bunny.
http://forum.voxalot.com/sip-broker-...html#post34558

I suggest you set-up a SipBroker alias which can be re-pointed to any SIP account you are currently using.

Essentially, your SIP Broker alias becomes your SIP address for as long as you want to keep it.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #27
raj2ras

raj2ras is on a distinguished road

Also see SIP Sorcery Recipes - Tropo Callback

I plan to try the Tropo method on SipSorcery. Some cool possibilities there.
raj2ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #28
soltas

soltas is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi,

I had Sipsorcery migrate my account from Voxalot, they did it within 2 days.

Just had to fill in the passwords and everything worked.

Registration of providers succeeded instantly without the delays I had at Voxalot. Quality of phone calls is also better. Their website is faster and easier to navigate in. Disadvantage is the Ruby language if you want to change the programming e.g. of dial plans.

Only problem was that Sipsorcery does not provide voice mail, but they gave me instructions how to set this up at Callconnect and that works fine.

All in all, I am happy with the change. I also hope that Sipsorcery will not have the problems Voxalot had several times a year with server breakdowns (every time it took them a couple of days to even notice).

The costs are also comparable.

So, good bye Voxalot!
soltas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

I have also made the jump over to Sipsorcery using their automatic Import tool to migrate all my providers, dial plans and 270-odd speed dials. It all happened instantly and, after entering my passwords, the providers registered and everything just worked as far as I could tell. I have not noticed a difference in call quality but calls seem to take a little longer to connect, not a huge issue for us.

My wife and I are happy that we can continue to use our speed dial list, although it is not presented as attractively as in Voxalot and not searchable alphabetically. As we had two Voxalot accounts, I have also opened a second SIP account, which I believe is covered under the same US$35, and migrated the dial plans and speed dials to that account as well.

I am still in the 7 day evaluation period and will pay the $35, not because I really need SS, but because I'm interested in learning more about what it can do. It seems to offer more than what Voxalot did and I think it's going to be fun learning more about it. Maybe once I'm more familiar with SS, i won't miss Voxalot so much.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

I had a bit of a play with the brandnew SipSorcery dial plan wizard, which I believe is still under development. You need to use the Silverlight logon to be able to use it. Click on Dial Plans, then Add and select the Simple Wizard. Things will now look much more familiar to the Voxalot user. I managed to create a few smart call dial plans and speed dials with ease. Aaron is doing his level best to make life as painless as possible for us Voxalot refugees.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote