Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
TJIR

TJIR is on a distinguished road
Default Dialing toll free numbers in the USA

Gizmo is gone, so I wonder how I can dial toll free numbers in the USA? Is it free trough voxalot server's or? If yes how do I configure it? I tried *1800, but gives me a busy signal with my Sipura.

If not what is a good free provider / alternative for me to try? I currently use smartvoip for all other calls.

THanks
TJIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
bridonca

bridonca is on a distinguished road

I just dialed 1800xxxxxxx, worked just fine. Keep in mind some 1800 numbers are regional, and might not work in other regions, like Canada and the US.
bridonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
TJIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridonca View Post
I just dialed 1800xxxxxxx, worked just fine. Keep in mind some 1800 numbers are regional, and might not work in other regions, like Canada and the US.
Really? That's interesting. I'll have to erase my 1800, 1866 and 1888 etc... profiles and try. Main reason why I was using Gizmo also was to foward my Google Voice calls. Which SIP provider is good these days for a free US number, so I can have my google voice number ring with SIP (at my cell and sipura)?
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
TJIR

Can someone help me configure the dial plan ... I currently have smartvoip for all my calls, but need to find a way to exclude 1800, 1888, 1866 and all other toll free numbers to be used with smarvoip as I think they charge for 1800 calls also
Unread 09-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
bridonca

I do not have anything configured to dial 18xx numbers. It just works for me. But instead of smart dial, try Voxalot as a voice service provider.

As for a free SIP provider, I still use Google Voice, but I use SipBri.com as a Google Voice SIP gateway. Once I have my Google Voice account configured at SipBri.com, I use the SipBri account as one of Voxalot's voice service providers. Works well, I might add.
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
TJIR

Cool. Thanks for the SipBri tip. I am trying to find a way to make my Google Voice number ring at my VOXALOT account, so I would need a number from a free sip provider to be able to foward the google voice calls to this number and ring on my sip device. SipBri does not give a number and google voice won't allow fowarding to sip any ideas?
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can use a DID number from any DID provider like for example
Callcentric - VoIP Internet phone service,
DID Provider | DID Numbers | Wholesale DIDs | DIDWW,
FREE IP Calling with IPKall
forwarded to your Voxalot Account.

You have to verify the DID number in your Google Voice Account before GV allows you to forward to it.

The IPKall DID must get a minimum of 1 call every 4 weeks to stay active.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
TJIR

Cool. Thanks.

Now I am trying to setup my voxalot to work with SIPBRI to dial to the USA, Canada and also 1800, 1866, 1888 + all toll free numbers.

Here is what I did:

Here is how my VOXALOT is configured:

User Name briivospbk

Codecs g729;g723;g726;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw

Host sip2.remacservices.net

Port 5060

Active Yes

SIP REGISTER YES (to allow google voice incoming calls to ring at voxalot)

OPTIMIZE AUDIO PATH NO

It's not working. The SIPBRI says my Google Voice account is always offline. I opened a support ticket with them, but figured I should ask here too.

Thanks!
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Although the idea of running GoogleVoice, Sipbri and Voxalot to get free calling in the US/Canada sounds enticing, the LogIn credentials for the GV account have to be logged with a third party (Sipbri).

These credentials are the same log-in information for the Gmail account associated with the GV account. That is not something that I would be comfortable with.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
bridonca

I have noticed sipbri is a bit flaky at times. Sometimes you need to delete your googlevoice account from sipbri, and create a new one. I might add, you have to checkmark googlechat on your googlevoice settings to get incoming googlevoice calls to work with sipbri

When setting up sipbri as a voxalot voice service provider, get rid of all the codecs except g.711u. That is all sipbri supports, and it is one less potential issue you have to deal with.